Ich question.

SkullV

Every Tank has Ich and parasites unless your running UV or Copper ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
UV doesn't rid a tank if marine ich. Also, if you properly use prophylactic medication in quarantine and quarantine all inverts/corals in a fallow tank prior to adding to the display you can certainly have a tank 100% free of ich and other parasites.

Some people decide to live with ich in their tanks and some will eradicate it completely and qt. everything before putting in DT. There is only 3 proven ways to get rid of ich( hypo salinity treatment,copper and tank transfer method) , garlic and other remedies help fish cope with it, but do nothing to get rid of it. Just because you don't see it anymore, doesn't mean it is not there.
Ich was introduced at some point whether it was from a fish, coral, or invert,. Ich can be present on fish inside the gills area and continue it's life cycle unseen. The good news is the type of fish you have are probably pretty resilient to ich if it took several months to show outward signs. You can go the route of feeding the fish high quality foods and boosting their immune system, but ich will most likely always remain present in your tank or you can take the fish out and quarantine your fish using copper, hypo, or tank transfer method, but you have to leave you tank fallow 8 to 12 weeks.
These are the only really accurate posts in this thread. Agree 100%

jm23

If you want to go the probiotic route, look up LRS Reef Frenzy frozen fish food. I tried to get a GB going a few months back, but ended up just purchasing the minimum order myself. It is the only frozen food on the market with probiotics in it. I can say my fish love it, as for ich prevention I don't know as they all just went through the tank transfer method and are waiting in a 300g Rubbermaid until my DT runs fallow for the whole 12 weeks. The fish have definitely put on weight though since I started feeding this.

Milhouse

Premium member
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. The clown that has it is looking a little better today. I started soaking food in Seachems garlic guard. We will see what happens.

SkullV

FRESH GARLIC Bro , your fish will thank you :)
The garlic guard has everything they need for a possible boost in immune system efficiency. It is the Allicin in the garlic, not the garlic itself that is thought to boost the immune system, Bro.

Selcon is better than garlic
They are completely different products that do completely different things. Selcon adds nutrition to food, garlic is thought to increase immune system efficiency due to its high Allicin content.

If you want to go the probiotic route, look up LRS Reef Frenzy frozen fish food. I tried to get a GB going a few months back, but ended up just purchasing the minimum order myself. It is the only frozen food on the market with probiotics in it. I can say my fish love it, as for ich prevention I don't know as they all just went through the tank transfer method and are waiting in a 300g Rubbermaid until my DT runs fallow for the whole 12 weeks. The fish have definitely put on weight though since I started feeding this.

will order out 1 of each this morn ,thanks for the tip Jon . and pretty cool Vid with some Beautiful tanks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X9B-qC7CII
Bob

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Green0j0s

Confirming ReefCity does carry this I bought a pack of each just to have.

I've fed my fish the anti parasitic one and they ate it fine the first time but they seem to know something is up now. They avoid it, especially my tang.

My wrasse will still pick at it and clowns do too but they don't seem to consume it as they do any other food.