I'm new...

raydog9379

Hi all,

I'm new to saltwater, had a number of freshwater tanks when I grew up. Then took a 15 year hiatus and here I am. I've got the wife's approval now to move forward and get a tank setup. She actually sold me on the idea of a saltwater setup. Have a feeling this is going to get expensive, but should be fun.

dgagvgeg

Welcome to CR, be sure to look at the selling forums to save you a little bit of money on stuff you may need for setup. Plus everyone on here is pretty educated if you come across any questions you may have regarding your new setup. Good luck with tank, keep us informed with pictures!

lunacris

welcome ! congrats on setting up tank again and remember to have fun and research before u buy . nothing worse then buying twice

raydog9379

Thanks all... I'm working on getting a setup going. Research, research, research. When I do something I strive to do it right, although I don't have a massive budget and an enormous amount of space.

Wife says we're all good as long as she gets to pick out what goes in it and if I can train the kids to keep it up while I'm traveling for work when required. Size: Prob. 30-60 gallons, leaning towards the larger end. In terms of what goes in it: I think flame angels are gorgeous. Would be sweet to get a clown that'll use an anemone. Some corals (which is where I know it'll get pretty interesting)

As soon as I get the tank, etc.. started I'll post some pics. Definitely will be looking out for deals on the marketplace.

trackfast

Princess Trainer
Hello and welcome. There is always someone posting free stuff so let us know when you're up and running.

jrpark22000

Premium member
Thanks all... I'm working on getting a setup going. Research, research, research. When I do something I strive to do it right, although I don't have a massive budget and an enormous amount of space.

Wife says we're all good as long as she gets to pick out what goes in it and if I can train the kids to keep it up while I'm traveling for work when required. Size: Prob. 30-60 gallons, leaning towards the larger end. In terms of what goes in it: I think flame angels are gorgeous. Would be sweet to get a clown that'll use an anemone. Some corals (which is where I know it'll get pretty interesting)

As soon as I get the tank, etc.. started I'll post some pics. Definitely will be looking out for deals on the marketplace.
Make sure and ask some questions that you have. It'll help get you to the 25 posts to be able to post in the marketplace :D

Top Water

Welcome
Some fish eat corals so research the fish prior to purchase.
Some fish / corals don't do so well in newer systems so it never hurts to ask us to get feed back on troublesum livestock.

DanSreef

Premium member
Welcome to CR. You are up the street from a couple of us here in Gilberts. We were all in the same boat as you at one time....before the illness really took hold.... :)

I am going to have a 72 gal Bow Front that I am going to sell in the next month or so. It would be cool to see it go to someone like yourself to get into the hobby. I also have a 29 gal bio cube with stand I could let go for a killer price. If you are interested in either....drop me a PM... Come to think of it.... I have a little 8 gal one too.... One of these days I got to sell some of this stuff....