In need of help with AI Hydra!!

Hello. Have some 1st Gen Hydra's I got used. Looking for good daytime and night time settings. Afraid of upping the lights too quick and hurting my coral, but don't want to keep it too low either for the same reason. Have a 75 gallon. Suspended approximately 12" above water line. Glass top.
Attached are the settings I have currently. Would like some input as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Attachments

ultimatemj

Easy but slow - Option a) start low (35%) and bump up 5% every week or two, and monitor corals for any burning.

Fast but work and there is no perfect - Option b) rent a PAR meter and adjust until you have 50-75par on the sand and no more than 400par at the top of your aquascape.

Note: "Best" is rarely a specific power setting for a given light fixture. Water quality, alk and nutrient levels, and coral types play into what works for given tank combo.

Cheers,
M.J.

Thanks. Where do you rent a par meter?

Any general "target" % on colors for soft coral? Looking for great color pop, but also good growth.
Thanks so much. Has been hard to find anyone to respond. This has been my third attempt to get a reply.
Honestly.....thanks for the info!!!!!!

Cubano32

Premium member
Thanks. Where do you rent a par meter?

Any general "target" % on colors for soft coral? Looking for great color pop, but also good growth.
Thanks so much. Has been hard to find anyone to respond. This has been my third attempt to get a reply.
Honestly.....thanks for the info!!!!!!
Blue line coral in Naperville rents them out

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk