• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
I'll be selling stuff I've bought from Big Name Venders at No Name Vender prices.
That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!! In my recent experience, many of the "big name" vendors at swaps no longer seem to have "swap" prices.

See you there

dohc97

Saw pricing and I have to say you guys have it right. Just cause you paid premium doesn't mean you can't sell at reefer prices

EricTheRed

I just arrived home with 5 sps frags for 50 bucks. They are all very, very attractive acros. All of which were almost 2" in size.

I just got back with CITR Red Dragon, ORA Blue Bottlebrush, Vermiculata, Cali Tort, ORA Pearlberry and Karl's Kandlelight acros. I should have snagged one of the Blue-Tipped Slimers too!! UGH!! I picked up those guys for under $100. I think I'm a winner!!

The prices were insanely low and there were tons of Brand Name corals. Lots of Jason Fox, Cornbread and other names.

DAS212

I just got back with CITR Red Dragon, ORA Blue Bottlebrush, Vermiculata, Cali Tort, ORA Pearlberry and Karl's Kandlelight acros. I should have snagged one of the Blue-Tipped Slimers too!! UGH!! I picked up those guys for under $100. I think I'm a winner!!

The prices were insanely low and there were tons of Brand Name corals. Lots of Jason Fox, Cornbread and other names.
Are you kidding? ************* dammit I should've gone FML

When I saw the bag with CITR Red Dragon I almost dropped Daisy. He said he brought a a few frags and they were already sold and I got the last one. 5 branches on it and doing good. Then I saw a bag that was upside down and saw ORA PEARLBERRY. I just put them in the tank 10 minutes ago and the polyps are already out on them all minus the pearlberry. It was a good day!

DAS212

When I saw the bag with CITR Red Dragon I almost dropped Daisy. He said he brought a a few frags and they were already sold and I got the last one. 5 branches on it and doing good. I just put them in the tank 10 minutes ago and the polyps are already out on them all minus the pearlberry. It was a good day!
I was planning on going to the event at reef imports and hatchery and ended not even being able to make that...

MrDemonicAngel

I was there around 12:30 and it was so packed. Bought a few frags. Wife was getting annoyed with people pushing so we left after 15 minutes.

pasphotography

I was there selling with a buddy and we had a great time. It was a smaller event, everyone was friendly, prices were great on everything I thought as well!!!! After the first hour n half it thinned out and the last hour it was wide open and deals were being made items! We got alot of good trades, and the end of the day deal prices were superb if you stuck it out or came later!!!

...side note: Prices are getting way out of hand at the "LFS" on the Zoa/Paly named corals and has really discouraged me from shopping at them anymore on zoa colonies without mentioning any names!!! (a comment made by many numerous people that shop in the bi-state area). I know they are in business to make $$$. But... im not payin top dollar for fresh brought in corals when i can get them cheaper from local grown people and know what i am getting.

Glad all everyone that did stop up had a great time. I am not a member of the Mars group but will be joining because of the last few events and the good group of people it draws just like Chicago reef members!!!

EricTheRed

Yep, I got there at 12:45 and the place was fine. I scored 5 saweet acro's for 50 bucks!

Paul, which table was yours?

gig

man, if I had known this would be a true reefers swap and those kind of frags for those prices, I would have definately made it! I'm sick of going to these swaps and people are asking 30, 50, 100 for higher end SPS frags (except beefy :))

DJ2007

I got there a bit after 2pm. Place was basically empty. Great deals goin on. Got 5 frags of P'snZ's, 2 Sps, and a killer shroom for $40.

eric and I had the table in the far back left by the restrooms. (all zoa/paly tank, w/magicians and red monti plates)
I wanted some of those palys with the speckled center that were kind of red!! I meant to go back to your tank before I left!! I'm the guy with the little white rottweiler in the bag.

pasphotography

Cool. yeah I remember the lil dog.
I did well, sold at least 2 dozen frags. All my red montis were gone by end of day and my big Favia colony sold as well. Eric sold alot more than I did, but spent way more too. I am going to make smaller frags of magicians now after having so many people only wanting one and two polyps over the larger frags of 6s and 9s I had. I was suprised no one bought or even asked a price on chuckie brides morph i had.

Cool. yeah I remember the lil dog.
I did well, sold at least 2 dozen frags. All my red montis were gone by end of day and my big Favia colony sold as well. Eric sold alot more than I did, but spent way more too. I am going to make smaller frags of magicians now after having so many people only wanting one and two polyps over the larger frags of 6s and 9s I had. I was suprised no one bought or even asked a price on chuckie brides morph i had.

Those palys were the only palys that caught my eye at the event...but I'm not a paly guy. The colors were awesome!!