JC Red Sea Reefer 350

ninjamyst

Premium member
Lookin good! I added a spotted foxface to my tank recently as well, cool fish!
Yea, mine is big but so peaceful. At first, all my little fish were scared of it, now they all buddies. At night, it sleeps in between the gorgonians.

Rcunning8

Premium member
some growth pics of Sawdonkey's awesome acros. colors are a little saturated since they are directly under the Kessil AP700 LEDs

August - Highlighter Acro (i think)

Feb - Highlighter Acro (i think)

August - Miyagi

Oct - Miyagi

Feb - Miyagi
Where did u get the miyagi from? I can't get these colors and it's frustrating. I got mine from tinman and have it in pretty high light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ninjamyst

Premium member
Where did u get the miyagi from? I can't get these colors and it's frustrating. I got mine from tinman and have it in pretty high light

Sawdonkey =P. Like I mentioned though, the color is a little saturated because the SPS is right under the LEDs and the top down picture came out saturated. It's not as bright from the front view.

tinman

You mean from my this piece :)

Mine was in medium light

Haha your high light is many ppls medium light, kessils are superiorly stronger lights and you run your tank kinda dirty :)

I don't remember exactly, Its either Gunner got it from me or we both got it from Hung :)

Last edited:

rockhead

You mean from my this piece :)

Mine was in medium light

Haha your high light is many ppls medium light, kessils are superiorly stronger lights and you run your tank kinda dirty :)

I don't remember exactly, Its either Gunner got it from me or we both got it from Hung :)

Didn't you have a tort from me at one time looked like that one

tinman

Didn't you have a tort from me at one time looked like that one
Nope this is the rmf's ultimate miyagi tort i got from Hung back in 2013 or so ..

The one you are talking about is the blue green tort that i got from jrpark they are completely different

P.s - sorry ninja for cluttering your thread :)

ninjamyst

Premium member
Some more pics from tonight. Playing with new close up filter kit for Sony A6000. Sold all my Nikon stuff recently.

I dont take FTS with the Kessil lights much so here's one...

ninjamyst

Premium member
Some new pics.

FTS. Frag racks on the left are completely full. Need to post For Sale thread soon for zoas and birdsnest.

SPS top down

Tube anemones

Ric garden

ninjamyst

Premium member
Haven't updated in a while. Tank is doing well. Got a couple of wrasses that are eating and very social.

Hang up some art work.

Mark1313

Lucky enough to see this in person recently. It does look stellar.
Frags from you are doing great after their trip, I'll send ya some pics when I get a chance.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Mjl714

Tank, corals and fish look great. Where did find those beautiful wrasses? How did you quarantine them?

Last edited:

ninjamyst

Premium member
Tank, corals and fish look great. Where did find those beautiful wrasses? How did you quarantine them?
The regular leopard wrasse came from Reefwise. They told me it was an owner surrender and the previous owner had it for a few years. It was fat and eating so I didn't do much quarantine. Plus most of my fish were from Reefwise already.

The potters wrasse came from Xzotic Aquatic. I normally do not buy fish from them for various reasons I won't go into right now. But this wrasse was in their inverts tank which I assume runs on a separate system than their fish only tanks. I also quarantined it for 2 weeks in my nano tank with a week of prazipro plus freshwater dip when I first got it. It was definitely a gamble but it is doing well now.