JRod's 90 gal reef tank

So im back in the hobby after a year and a half out. got a great deal on a 90 gal RR tank with stand and a 150w MH pendant($150 for everything). i have since sold the pendant, and purchased a used retrofit with 2x250w SE metal halides(using the used bulbs now, switching to new 20000k bulbs in near future), 2xT5 HO for my actinics.
I resealed tank waited for silicone to cure, and set up about a month ago (1/15/12). initial tank setup included:
90 gal bottom drilled tank
50lbs of live rock
75lbs of live sand from an established aquarium(screened and cleaned)
20 gal tall sump w/
Heater
20lbs of live rock rubble
Ehiem 1260 return pump
Aqua C Remora pro skimmer w/ mag 5 pump
will soon be changing out for a refugium/sump in next month or so
Hydor Koralia Evo 1400
Hydor Koralia Evo 1050
(looking to add another power head before more corals)
DIY Durso overflow pipe

had 50 lbs of live rock curing in a tupperware container for about 4 weeks prior to setting up tank.
used a bottle of live nitrifying bacteria to aid in the cycle.
tank cycled really fast. within a week.
according to my LFS my tank was "finished" cycling 1/23/2012
1/26/2012- Added Livestock
pair of tank raised ocellaris clown (tiny)
3x nassarius snails
10x red/scarlet mix hermits
3x blue hermits
3x astrea snails
2/2/2012- more livestock
1 mexican turbo snail
1 emerald mithrax crab
1 electric blue hermit
1 coral bandit shrimp
2/5/2012 some freebies (thanx smitty)
yellow star polyp frag
purple palys w/ green center
2x unknown frag.
2/9/2012- livestock
royal gramma (small)
Branching hammer coral ( 4 head frag )
pom pom crab

i feel like im going too fast, but im testing water daily myself, and every other day at my LFS. Ammonia has been at 0 and nitrites at 0 for almost 20 days. just last few days my nitrates has raised a little bit, not quite 0 but very close. PH is right where it should be, calcium is good, and i dont have the test for it but LFS says Alkalinity is also good (something about carbonate hardness, doing my research on that now). brown Diatom bloom is dissapearing, and everything is looking happy and healthy. couple hermits and my coral bandit molted couple days ago, it happened the day i added the essential reef elements(is this a sign of something good or bad or niether?)
either way i will not be adding anything new to my tank (except maybe some more snails) for about a month or so.
will be doing first water change this weekend.

will be posting pics soon, cant get the lighting right for my camera...working on it. :sorry:

i will. gramma just started coming out alot today:wave:. pics tomorrow, but needs some more corals...in time.star polyps u gave me doing good, so are those little ones. the two palys i think got roughed up in transport, had a clear slime covering them for a few days(didnt help that it got knocked over the first night, got the glue in the morning), thats gone but havent opened yet. thanx again, a lot larger wishlist after seeing that beautiful tank of yours. bills paid this week, few more corals next pay day.

mlreef

So im back in the hobby after a year and a half out. got a great deal on a 90 gal RR tank with stand and a 150w MH pendant($150 for everything). i have since sold the pendant, and purchased a used retrofit with 2x250w SE metal halides(using the used bulbs now, switching to new 20000k bulbs in near future), 2xT5 HO for my actinics.
I resealed tank waited for silicone to cure, and set up about a month ago (1/15/12). initial tank setup included:
90 gal bottom drilled tank
50lbs of live rock
75lbs of live sand from an established aquarium(screened and cleaned)
20 gal tall sump w/
Heater
20lbs of live rock rubble
Ehiem 1260 return pump
Aqua C Remora pro skimmer w/ mag 5 pump
will soon be changing out for a refugium/sump in next month or so
Hydor Koralia Evo 1400
Hydor Koralia Evo 1050
(looking to add another power head before more corals)
DIY Durso overflow pipe

had 50 lbs of live rock curing in a tupperware container for about 4 weeks prior to setting up tank.
used a bottle of live nitrifying bacteria to aid in the cycle.
tank cycled really fast. within a week.
according to my LFS my tank was "finished" cycling 1/23/2012
1/26/2012- Added Livestock
pair of tank raised ocellaris clown (tiny)
3x nassarius snails
10x red/scarlet mix hermits
3x blue hermits
3x astrea snails
2/2/2012- more livestock
1 mexican turbo snail
1 emerald mithrax crab
1 electric blue hermit
1 coral bandit shrimp
2/5/2012 some freebies (thanx smitty)
yellow star polyp frag
purple palys w/ green center
2x unknown frag.
2/9/2012- livestock
royal gramma (small)
Branching hammer coral ( 4 head frag )
pom pom crab

i feel like im going too fast, but im testing water daily myself, and every other day at my LFS. Ammonia has been at 0 and nitrites at 0 for almost 20 days. just last few days my nitrates has raised a little bit, not quite 0 but very close. PH is right where it should be, calcium is good, and i dont have the test for it but LFS says Alkalinity is also good (something about carbonate hardness, doing my research on that now). brown Diatom bloom is dissapearing, and everything is looking happy and healthy. couple hermits and my coral bandit molted couple days ago, it happened the day i added the essential reef elements(is this a sign of something good or bad or niether?)
either way i will not be adding anything new to my tank (except maybe some more snails) for about a month or so.
will be doing first water change this weekend.

will be posting pics soon, cant get the lighting right for my camera...working on it. :sorry:
I'm ready to see some pictures!