Jrpark22000 - 110 rimless tank

jrpark22000

Premium member
I agree. A lot of Randy's stuff is technical. There is a mix of the technical and laymen info in the ozone use RC thread. The important bits of the info are also stated more than once. It's why I think it is such a good place to start. It gives you a couple times to read and learn the good bits while stating to understand the technical bits from Randy, Boomer and others.

Ozone is not overly complicated to setup and run, and could be as simple as putting a ozone generator into a skimmer venture intake(I highly recommend against this.) But there are quite a few gotchas and the only undisputed benefit is clearer water, which could be achieved with more frequent water changes.

Drop me a pm or we can start up a Ozone thread here to discuss details once you've commited to give it a try.

Tethered_Limbs

I agree. A lot of Randy's stuff is technical. There is a mix of the technical and laymen info in the ozone use RC thread. The important bits of the info are also stated more than once. It's why I think it is such a good place to start. It gives you a couple times to read and learn the good bits while stating to understand the technical bits from Randy, Boomer and others.

Ozone is not overly complicated to setup and run, and could be as simple as putting a ozone generator into a skimmer venture intake(I highly recommend against this.) But there are quite a few gotchas and the only undisputed benefit is clearer water, which could be achieved with more frequent water changes.

Drop me a pm or we can start up a Ozone thread here to discuss details once you've commited to give it a try.
Boomer is da man!

jrpark22000

Premium member
np, I'm listening to it now. He talks with the same vigor and intent that he uses to write. It's a good listen.