JUST when I was about to switch out my 4 AI SOLs for 4 Radions.......NEW Vega?!?!?

poidog

Very cool. It is forgetting better. I wonder what they're turn around time will be on the custom pucks.

Greg

I can probably buy the Radion 2s before these come out though. Ive been wanting to upgrade for so long. :/

Greg

Standard AI VEGA Color Combination:

4 - Cree XM-L Cool White
6 - Cree XP-E Royal Blue
4 - Cree XP-E Blue
4 - OSRAM OSLON Deep Blue
1 - Cree XP-E Green
1 - OSRAM OSLON Deep Red

Actually not a bad light setup stock... Still wish there were some 'actinic' / violet leds.

Is that a bad price? I still prefer my problematic lights over these. These pucks would have to be mounted too far above my water for good coverage.

FishBeard

Look like AI is "too little, too late" to the party again with these new lights, at a laughable price mark compared to the current competition.

The reefer

Yes, for the light output on these guys you'd need 2 of them for say every one Radion.
If that's the case then the vega can b sum very expensive Xmas lights. Lol. IMO I would still go with radion. It has better output and still looks better.

zoomcorvette

Have you guys ever seen a Radion? I am not to impressed. I would Check out Prestige LEDs stuff. Unless you need the label, cost and the LED killing storms. The key is the right spectrum not how many.