JUST when I was about to switch out my 4 AI SOLs for 4 Radions.......NEW Vega?!?!?

poidog

They look good with this redesign. However I don't know if theyll be enough blue to get a powerful par 20k look since they took 2 blues out of each puck and replaced it with a red/green. They need to figure out How to add 2 more LEDs around the center 5w - have 6 3w instead of 4 in each puck.

Emisis

They look good with this redesign. However I don't know if theyll be enough blue to get a powerful par 20k look since they took 2 blues out of each puck and replaced it with a red/green.
Might be why they added the very deep blue? The design also looks to prove that clustering is the way to go instead of the normal row set ups. It would also be nice to see it over an aquarium instead of a hyped up demo video.

Greg

Yah I dont think they meant for this video to be leaked out. They said this wasn't supposed to be their main advertisement/promotion video, but just to show the 1 feature of every led being an independent channel.

BADGUS

I wonder why one would need 20 channels,kinda overkill. All those colored leds don't do anything for our Corals. Cool name tho.

Emisis

I wonder why one would need 20 channels,kinda overkill. All those colored leds don't do anything for our Corals.
Dial in your lighting taste......same reason you put different colors in your fixtures. Different color LEDs bring out different colors in the corals, why so many T5 options?

lunacris

So how would you choose without seeing the light in action with the different options very cool tho

Greg

Well its still changing, but apparently you buy a standard vega with standard pucks, then buy the upgrade pucks separately after.
I hope this isnt the case and you can customize from the start, otherwise replacing the pucks can get pricey...Id need 16 pucks...

lunacris

yea that would get pricey but my question is without seeing the light in action how would you personally decide which pucks with each color