koreandrama's ADA 60-P build...

Navycook2

+1 for family owning sushi restaurant!!! I love sushi! I miss it when I lived in San Diego I had sushi restaurants all over :)

koreandrama

+1 for family owning sushi restaurant!!! I love sushi! I miss it when I lived in San Diego I had sushi restaurants all over :)
lol. I had a friend that worked a sushi restaurant that Junior Seau owns but the name isn't coming to me now...

And love the rimless tank!! you have some good ideas for your tank!! cant wait to see it in action!!
Thank you. I'm trying to mimic Calvin415's ADA build. He's actually building me an overflow similar to his. Credit should all go to him lol...

Nice job drilling the tank. Its going to look good when its setup.
Thank you. I guess the keyword is WHEN...The rocks are still cycling in a bucket right now since I have no other parts at the moment :violin:....

koreandrama

minor update:

got some of the hardware in:

sump:

still waiting on a couple more things and maybe I can finally get some water in it

koreandrama

Got the sand in....working on the rockscape and water now...

sorry the pics are so blue...just took some quick shots with the phone.

oh snapp i may take u up on ur offer :)
Sushi sounds really good right now. By the way, I really love the look of the tank but what happens if the return pump fails? Is the sump big enough to hold all that water? I can't argue with the look though. It is a sweet setup.

koreandrama

oh snapp i may take u up on ur offer :)
lol gotta save someway or another when its expensive as it is...

Sushi sounds really good right now. By the way, I really love the look of the tank but what happens if the return pump fails? Is the sump big enough to hold all that water? I can't argue with the look though. It is a sweet setup.
I can always eat sushi... surprised I don't have mercury poisoning yet...

I took some precautious measures to minimize the damage it can cause if every there is a power outage and I am not home to close the ball valve. I added a check valve (i know the chance of it failing is very high). Hence, the return pipe is about 7" so the amount of water that will drain into the sump should be just enough to where it won't overflow. The credit for the build all has to go to Calvin415 from NR.com

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
lol if you are ever in Vernon Hills, come to Tsukasa of Tokyo and I can hook you up with some things.
I love Tsukasa!! The Golden Shrimp is going to give you a heart attack, but I can't stop myself from having some when I go there :a12:

And the tank looks great, nice job !!

koreandrama

today's the big day eh? an official good luck to you.
lol still waiting for the water to clear up...i've been cycling the rocks in a separate container, so when everything stabilizes (clarity, temperature, salinity, etc)...i'll transfer everything over.

I love Tsukasa!! The Golden Shrimp is going to give you a heart attack, but I can't stop myself from having some when I go there :a12:

And the tank looks great, nice job !!
Lol...everyone loves the golden sauce...not a big fan though lol....garlic shrimp is the way to go...