Let's start actively using the Feedback/iTrader Function

DB9181

As a community we all like to let each other know our personal experiences during sales/trades, as well bring up issues than may have occurred. These threads typically get off topic quickly, or turn into personal attacks.

Thus, I say we start actively using the Feedback Score/iTrader that is available to us here on ChicagoReefs. It mirrors eBay's 'feedback' allowing to leave positive and negative feedback as a buyer, seller, or trader. Additionally, comments can be posted.

This is a great avenue for letting the community know both good and bad experiences - As well as letting the individual know, without having an open thread that everyone jumps on and derails.

If negative feedback is posted due to a misunderstanding by both parties (agreed upon), I'm sure the all-mighty MODs have the power to remove that particular Feedback Posting.

Again, this is a quick and simple way (even quicker than eBay's Feedback) that can allow everyone to see potiential concerns as well as happy reefer experiences.

brianspider

Nice. Needed post. Especially since I could always use more positive feedback since I'm always so awesome to deal with.

Herbie

Banned
yes, please. this is such an under used resource. I've bought like 100 things from folks on here and have like 3 ratings. Pretty sure I've logged just about all of my transactions. This is a great way to instantly recognize and establish reputation, but only if it is recognized as a universal currency here.

The MODs certainly can't be responsible for personal transactions, but we will do our best to maintain the validity of the ratings, prevent abuse of the system and assist with anything we can.

Thanks for posting this Dan!

I always use the feedback system and I read folk's feedback left behind by others. Folks who have positive feedback from my "crew" usually get to make a sale without prepayment even if we haven't kissed on the mouth.

DAS212

I wanna write about a **** trade someone gave me but I don't want to start drama with them knowing who I am

FishBeard

I wanna write about a **** trade someone gave me but I don't want to start drama with them knowing who I am
Just leave the negative feedback with comment why and call it done. If its the truth no harm done. No reason to take it any further than that. The mods will handle any improper retaliation if it occurs.

Herbie

Banned
the spirit of the rating, like the ebay ratings, is that they aren't anonymous. If they were then it would be very easy for personal grudges to translate into poor ratings. Anonymity is too easy to hide behind without accountability. Placing a negative rating is definitely something that needs to be taken seriously and one must be very sure they have a legitimate complaint before they use it. (MHO anyway)

madjoe

Premium member
I suck lol . Its cool function but not important to me . I usually just take the risk and buy what i like. But is a good function for people who care about that kind of stuff :)

jm23

I think it is very helpful for people new to the forum and people like myself who haven't been around that long to know who everyone is. If someone is a great seller, help them out and leave them good feedback. While I know many people hate to leave negative feedback, it is helpful to give others the heads up or think twice before dealing with that person in the future.