Let's start actively using the Feedback/iTrader Function

DB9181

I agree, both positive AND negative feedback is benefical - You never know, the individual might not realize they gave a negative vibe by their actions; This is a place to express that and allow them to correct it.

I feel this is a much better option the jumping straight to the Hidden Reef threads.

jonh5150

If I had a bad experience I may choose not to post any feedback... But if I can read a bunch of positives about someone I feel more comfortable.

Joe5688

Choosing not to post negative feed back defeats the purpose of the system. How are people going to know if a person is a bad seller without having something to go off of? Only posting positive feedback then just becomes hey look how many positives i have!

Herbie

Banned
i can understand being reluctant to post neg feedback. Fortunately, that being the case for many, we can always cross reference post count and positive rating. I'd say after a while not having positive could be seen as having negative unless someone never buys or sells of course, but then you wouldn't be looking at their rating either. If people start using this a lot it will make that even more accurate.

That being the case I highly recommend everyone just be honest and constructive. Always the best policy IMO and rarely will cause drama (you gotta be both though :))

BigBarnacles

Choosing not to post negative feed back defeats the purpose of the system. How are people going to know if a person is a bad seller without having something to go off of? Only posting positive feedback then just becomes hey look how many positives i have!
You have two :)

Just a reminder that we all should be utilizing ChicagoReefs.com's iTrader Feedback system. It only takes a minute to leave feedback and it will help protect your fellow reefer when there's a potential transaction ahead.

If you're happy, just jot down what you thought about the buyer/seller and give them some praise. If you aren't...jot that down too.

Thanks!!

SMACKERS4

i know im still new and all, but i think there is a lot to consider before leaving neg feedback, i mean, does the other person even know you were not satisfied? Was every avenue explored to result in 2 satisfied parties? I mean, 1 neg feedback could def impact someones credit around here drastically. Is there no possible way both parties could leave the transaction happy? Those are all questions you have to ask yourself before leaving neg feedback. I've been on other forums where people just bash and post how unhappy they were and it is usually sorted out between the two parties in the end, all the public drama could have been avoided by just communicating with the other person. I think that if you did not exhaust every option to resolve the discrepancy, then you shouldn't leave negative feedback. (i don't think i have to say there are going to be some clear, cut & dry scenarios) All-in-all i think only after careful consideration, should negative feedback be left for another member.

P.s. i wonder if there is a way to have mods approve neg feedback to prevent unnecessary neg feedback from being left for another person.... Just a thought..

DB9181

Just wanted to bump this as a reminder to continue leaving 'feedback' for members when conducting business on CR - Its pretty much our version of an ebay rating and allows great feedback for everyone.