limited "bumping" on FS threads

trackfast

Princess Trainer
I know people want the stuff they list for sale to sell asap. Unfortunately a sale might be based on the price, the quality of the product, the need for the product and the finances of the buyer/seller. With that said, could we limit bumping FS threads to once every 24 hours? There is a search function on this site so your item can be found even though it might not be on the top of the list. Just my $.02. Thanks for your time.

MMreef

I totally agree with you, some people bump their threads two times a day, it is very annoying. We can see your for sale threads people, just give it time to sell.IMO if you are bumping your thread so often, that means you're desperate and trust me you will not get your price this way. And don't get offended if somebody low ball you because of that, I would. Good luck selling. :)

Aquaman

mabe they should extend the recent post seen .. well you know since the sponsors fill 2 or more of the slots daily ... they have a banner...

RULES?...LOL no one here follows rules

especially if you don't like some thing keep it to yourself.. don't badmouth ...don't lowball.. ect...

let he who is without sin cast the first stone ..... John 8:7

Herbie

Banned
by the way, the over bumping is actually a litle hard to mod because I'd have to remember that I had already seen the thread that day and sometimes they come back up because of a question or something. If you see someone doing that excessivly, feel free to report the post. It anonomous to the OP and if you just put "too much bumping" as the reason, then at least ETR, Smitty and I can check it out. Remember, "When you see something, say something" :usa2:

I totally agree with you, some people bump their threads two times a day, it is very annoying. We can see your for sale threads people, just give it time to sell.IMO if you are bumping your thread so often, that means you're desperate and trust me you will not get your price this way. And don't get offended if somebody low ball you because of that, I would. Good luck selling. :)
Correct VERY ANNOYING !:crazy_pilot:

1mg

instead of you having to remember herbie why not just put a short sale ban if someone reports a legit complaint. because even if everyone thought something was way over priced of sick or anything else as long as everyone kept the bad mouthing and bumping to them self it would just go away. 2 cents and advice can be sent in a pm

FlyinBryan

Is this the Bumping uglies thread!?! Ha ha! Seriously though, is it really that big of a deal? Ive never noticed it and i check site a couple times a day. Maybe extend a little mercy, a little grace?

Aquaman

how about be courteous to ppl .. such as when you offer some free frags and a person clears their schedule and they call to get the address right after you make plans to meet that day and when they call you say "I changed my mind I don't wanna frag anything ...instead of telling them in the first place before they cancled their plans.. so don't cast that stone yet... im not picking fights im just telling it how it is.. my point is we all piss ppl off unintentionally ... we are human mabe a person can pm the person and ask them in a nice way to stop doing something so nate does not have to hunt down offences. ...there is a possibility that person didn't notice the rule in the first place...or forgot..instead of putting them on blast in front of the whole forum ... like as if they are trying to earn a bozo button .. for calling ppl out .. after all we are adults... right?

and that's what really grinds my gears ..... PETER GRIFFIN!

JDP1988

How about, if the FS thread is being bumped by other reefers? What happens, if I put something for sale and BigBarnicles, Frosty, Fasttrack, or any one else bumps my FS thread??? Maybe, they are trying to help out?

Does that grind your gears? Is that against the rules?

People are going to people and you can't force them to change. Unless you have a gun pointed at their head, then you can make them dance for their life. As long as their lives are not threaten they can give a F$%K less about rules.