limited "bumping" on FS threads

DD

"Rambo"
how about be courteous to ppl .. such as when you offer some free frags and a person clears their schedule and they call to get the address right after you make plans to meet that day and when they call you say "I changed my mind I don't wanna frag anything ...instead of telling them in the first place before they cancled their plans.. so don't cast that stone yet... im not picking fights im just telling it how it is.. my point is we all piss ppl off unintentionally ... we are human mabe a person can pm the person and ask them in a nice way to stop doing something so nate does not have to hunt down offences. ...there is a possibility that person didn't notice the rule in the first place...or forgot..instead of putting them on blast in front of the whole forum ... like as if they are trying to earn a bozo button .. for calling ppl out .. after all we are adults... right?

and that's what really grinds my gears ..... PETER GRIFFIN!
Dave, this thread is about bumping a thread more than once per day, by the seller. What you're going on about should be placed in a feedback section if anything.

How about, if the FS thread is being bumped by other reefers? What happens, if I put something for sale and BigBarnicles, Frosty, Fasttrack, or any one else bumps my FS thread??? Maybe, they are trying to help out?

Does that grind your gears? Is that against the rules?

People are going to people and you can't force them to change. Unless you have a gun pointed at their head, then you can make them dance for their life. As long as their lives are not threaten they can give a F$%K less about rules.
Bumps by other reefers is fine according to the sticky. So if you're selling something and I go on and say, wow, awesome item Juan, gls, then that's fine.

The whole point of this thread is that people tend to bump their own FS items, 2, 3, 9 times a day.

DD

"Rambo"
9 times? That is true desperation.
I was exaggerating of course, but sometimes it seems like that many.

I think Mark said it best, it's basically just asking to be lowballed on what you're selling.

Edit: being in sales and marketing myself, if you really want to make use of your daily bump, try to time it during an active time on the forum. An example would be to bump between 6-7pm. This gives folks a chance to get home from work, have some dinner, then start browsing the forum. I do the same thing during work, but I email people right before they get into the office in the morning so that my email is the first they see. Basically it is just giving your thread exposure to the largest audience.

JDP1988

I was exaggerating of course, but sometimes it seems like that many.

I think Mark said it best, it's basically just asking to be lowballed on what you're selling.

Edit: being in sales and marketing myself, if you really want to make use of your daily bump, try to time it during an active time on the forum. An example would be to bump between 6-7pm. This gives folks a chance to get home from work, have some dinner, then start browsing the forum. I do the same thing during work, but I email people right before they get into the office in the morning so that my email is the first they see. Basically it is just giving your thread exposure to the largest audience.
I was majoring in advertising and marketing, but I had change of heart in majors. That is a good a example you have there for getting your message across.

Aquaman

when I was talking about casting stones I meant over all not just bumping ..how about being nice to others.. its in the rules too ... I have even seen inappropriate pictures on this site actually right infront of my son.... but you don't see me crying over it ... I like what flyinbrian said .. grace and understanding ... its not that big of a deal ... 90% of the ppl here didn't even know the rule existed..including me . its just some ppls way to say look at me im pointing out someones mistakes... im special .. cuz im important

I agree it was a rule I was unaware of.. I thought you could bump as much as you wanted .. who know I typed bump and 50 ppls panties would get all bunched up lol

all I can do is shake my head ... seriously

Grace = being able to look past a persons mistakes even though you have no reason to

im not mad or upset with anyone including the originator of this thread... I just find the whole thing silly

ok im done with this conversation ... and that was my 2 cents

madjoe

Premium member
All joking aside. I dont mind the bumps cause they disappear as fast as they come . I personally usually forget i even post stuff for sale. I think the biggesr rule that is broken and is annoying is people bashing forsale threads with its to much money how u gonna sell that for that price . What happened to if u dont agree with the price move on or pm . I see way to many forsale threads that turn into bashing threads. Yet no one seems to care bout that rule . Maybe me just being negative again idk

frostyjay1

Bump... :becky: LOL sorry had to lighten the mood a bit. But it is agreed that it should be limited. What ever happened to tact??

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Tank2379

All joking aside. I dont mind the bumps cause they disappear as fast as they come . I personally usually forget i even post stuff for sale. I think the biggesr rule that is broken and is annoying is people bashing forsale threads with its to much money how u gonna sell that for that price . What happened to if u dont agree with the price move on or pm . I see way to many forsale threads that turn into bashing threads. Yet no one seems to care bout that rule . Maybe me just being negative again idk
+1 I agree

Herbie

Banned
i care about that. . . :)

Aquaman

this thread gets bumped more than 2 A$$es in a disco in the 70's ...... that was kinda a long way to go to make a bump joke... never nimd I withdraw the joke