Making the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've made it perfectly clear as to why you came here.
What does that mean? I've been here for a long time reading. As soon as I started posting I got insulted by a moderator. I am here to learn about reefing. Why are you here?

It does seem perfectly clear why the member Jeff with 3 posts came here though. Maybe we should throw up the :ban: flag at him instead.

fastrc

Ted i don't get into the arguments on here i end them. If you cant contribute to threads and all you want to do is gripe i will ban you at the next post i see you write that isn't for the good of this forum. I as others are not here for ranting over stuff that is here for enjoyment not to try and start a argument over. This is my only warning so go ahead try me!!!

Ted i don't get into the arguments on here i end them. If you cant contribute to threads and all you want to do is gripe i will ban you at the next post i see you write that isn't for the good of this forum. I as others are not here for ranting over stuff that is here for enjoyment not to try and start a argument over. This is my only warning so go ahead try me!!!
Who is Ted? I really don't want to cause any problems!! I wanted the contest to be fair for everyone, I said there should be set rules. Then I got flame after flame for it by moderators, even when other members not only agreed but posted more points about it!

jcarlilesiu

What does that mean? I've been here for a long time reading. As soon as I started posting I got insulted by a moderator.

Now you are going to play the victim?

This is the post you made that told me that your intent here was just to cause problems:

http://www.chicagoreefs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15096&postcount=3

Infact, prior to that post, I addressed your questions with simple straight forward answers.

When the discussion was thought to be over... you came back and posted that just to get things going. And "suddenly" you were insulted?

Where was the insult? All I see is you poking and proding at the moderators with comments such as the one above.

If I insulted you, Ill apologize.

jcarlilesiu

There appears to be an on going problem lately on this forum and others in the hobby. It appears that moderators are constantly under attack, or the job they are doing is consistency challenged. Or their responsibilities or involvement on the forum questioned.

I have a pretty large sneaking suspicion that its just a handful of people causing these problems and jumping forum to forum pitting people against each other and using cross forum tactics to try and cause issues.

It's very easy for members to sit back and complain and whine about how they think things should be. Though I think forum users need to realize that keeping hundreds of people satisfied or instituting their suggestions/opinions is no easy task, we do hear your suggestions better if they are worded with at least a small level of respect, rather than attack. How you word your suggestion/opinion will help greatly when a moderator considers your request.

None of this changes the fact that we are the final decision on the matter. Continuing to argue or basically just cause problems simply won't be tolerated by me.

If you are here just to cause problems. Really just leave.

This isn't directed at anybody. It's addressed at everybody.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

mr_z

i think this thread shouldve been closed long ago so no problems would arise instead of keep it going

jcarlilesiu

i think this thread shouldve been closed long ago so no problems would arise instead of keep it going
I agree to an extent Mr. Z, but at the same time, I want users to be able to express their opinions and suggestions, and even their complaints. As a moderator, I don't want to simply dismiss other peoples thoughts or issue infractions for people expressing their minds.

The problem is, its easy for people to cross the line and intentionally stir trouble when they don't get their way or their opinions/suggestions are not acted upon. This is and always has been the problem with very free environments.

I agree that this thread has run its course and have locked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.