Moe's slow flow build! 60 gallon frag tank

Thanks for the comments guys.

@walt I'm going to try really hard to add maybe another piece or two for the middle back but again leaving it open more swimming space for the fish and just enough caves to hide in.

Im also going to stain in sometime during the summer so I can stain it outside. It's only a few months away

Water flooded my floors today not because of the tank but a loose tube on the return pump. As water flowed from the over flow down to the sump the sump kept doing its thing filtering the water and sending it back to return pump. The return pump pipe came loose in the middle of night and dumped 10 gallons of water on to the floor which happened to leak in basement causing me to replace some drop down ceiling tiles.

rosko23

Water flooded my floors today not because of the tank but a loose tube on the return pump. As water flowed from the over flow down to the sump the sump kept doing its thing filtering the water and sending it back to return pump. The return pump pipe came loose in the middle of night and dumped 10 gallons of water on to the floor which happened to leak in basement causing me to replace some drop down ceiling tiles.
Oh no..

Jay helped me out last night got it up and running and no leaks! Ran system for a few hours everything running great.

Did order some water detectors in case this happens again! I got a three pack off amazon for 30 bucks basically just beeps really loud if it detects any water I will be placing one inside near sump and two outside one on ledge and one in back just in case it overflows from the front or the back ill find out!

Little update added some Dr.Tims one and only to get a jump start on this cycle .

jayjigga

This may be my next big purchase I still have to get mp10 or. Tunze turnbelle but I think this is more important. It's a battery backup that should give me about 120 minutes of full power on my system if the power goes out. What do you guys think?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16842102006

This would replace any need of battery backups if I do get a mp10 etc.
The contingency plan with a battery backup would be to run a pump for circulation every so often during a power outage. It's probably a good idea to pick up a couple battery operated air pumps that are on sale at AA. You and I both know that if you ran that backup on your tank, it'd probably run for like 30 mins max, haha...you just need something to power a cheap lower powered ph for as long as possible, and not constantly either. Buy a tunze and be happy :)

Thanks Jay! I got a battery powered air pump just in case the power went out this battery backup would at least keep the return pump going. People use this to apparently power their desktop 30 inch TV and surround sound systems for more than 30 minutes so a return pump in theory shouldn't be too bad for at Least a hour and half? It's rated crazy high check out the reviews on the thing on newegg

Thanks Jay! I got a battery powered air pump just in case the power went out this battery backup would at least keep the return pump going. People use this to apparently power their desktop 30 inch TV and surround sound systems for more than 30 minutes so a return pump in theory shouldn't be too bad for at Least a hour and half? It's rated crazy high check out the reviews on the thing on newegg

jayjigga

But what I'm saying is that you don't need to power the return pump, you need to be able to circulate water for a couple minutes every hr or so. You're not going to know how long the power outage may last, so your aim is to stretch it out as much as possible.