moon lighting

FishBeard

Definitely get one of those RapidLED 4x moonlight kits. Under $20 and Strong enough to fluoresce all your corals. Trust me, 4 LEDs will be plenty for a 90!

Jep21

Definitely get one of those RapidLED 4x moonlight kits. Under $20 and Strong enough to fluoresce all your corals. Trust me, 4 LEDs will be plenty for a 90!
+1
was thnking of getting the two moonlight kit from them.. for over my nuvo.. but the four for u tank will be perfect

do i need to find my own heat sink...i dont even know what that is. i think id rather have something that i just need to attach and plug in. not good with electrical work

FishBeard

The 1w LEDs in the kit actually under drive at like .7w each, and come with berquist thermal adhesive pads for mounting. As long as you stick them to a flat surface that can dissipate a little heat, you do not need a heatsink for them. Just add wire and solder to install.

Jep21

The 1w LEDs in the kit actually under drive at like .7w each, and come with berquist thermal adhesive pads for mounting. As long as you stick them to a flat surface that can dissipate a little heat, you do not need a heatsink for them. Just add wire and solder to install.
do u thnk i can glue on two moonlight leds on a par38 bulb? do u thnk that will work bro?

FishBeard

I would but I don't know the next time I would be out in your area to help. Honestly, soldering is really easy, and with a kit like this would be a great learning experience for down the road if you ever assemble an entire DIY led fixture.

I will be ordering mine next friday idk if you want to order yours too i can help you out no charge
i will also be ordering next friday...payday. thanks for the offer. ill def let u know. ill be deciding what im ordering probably by the end of the weekend. if this is the way to go(sounds pretty affordable), i would love some assisatnce. ill be in touch, thanx in advance