MP10 on 1/2 inch glass

Reefaholic

Premium member
Anyone running MP10’s On a 1/2 inch glass? Anyone have any experience with this? I have two MP10s I was planning on using but I heard mixed reviews.

dvanlier05

Anyone running MP10’s On a 1/2 inch glass? Anyone have any experience with this? I have two MP10s I was planning on using but I heard mixed reviews.
The MP10 is only rated for 3/8" glass. MP40 are 3/4" and MP60 are 1". You may have a problem with them staying attached.

oceanfreak09

They won’t stay put. I know from experience. Had to sell mine and they were brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reefaholic

Premium member
They won’t stay put. I know from experience. Had to sell mine and they were brand new.

Yeah that’s what I heard, some people have said that they put a zip tie to hold them but I think it will be a problem.

oceanfreak09

Yeah that’s what I heard, some people have said that they put a zip tie to hold them but I think it will be a problem.

If they’re brand new I would call Eco Tec and see if they can let you upgrade and pay the difference to MP 40’s

Reefaholic

Premium member
If they’re brand new I would call Eco Tec and see if they can let you upgrade and pay the difference to MP 40’s

They are new but I bought them off of members from this forum. I’m still debating if I should just roll the dice. The tank is a 75gal rimless 48long I think 2 mp40s would be way to much power for a mixed reef tank. I might just see if I can trade or sell them so I can get the MP40s instead.

Last edited:

oceanfreak09

They are new but I bought them off of members from this forum. I’m still debating if I should just roll the dice. The tank is a 75gal rimless 48long I think 2 mp40s would be way to much power for a mixed reef tank. I might just see if I can trade or sell them so I can get the MP40s instead.
Well it’s not gonna hurt to try them then. maybe you could fabricate a holder of some sort. But if you go with a MP 40, You could always run them at half speed.

madjoe

Premium member
They kinda worked on my 180 . You need 3 hands lol gotta hold the dry and wet side and turn it on while holding both. I do use the zip tie squares i put one on the plastic rim and hold the wire so dry side has some support