mpsti05 custom rimless wonderland

mpsti05

mpsti05 rimless reef now with Booyah's clowns!

Well hers my custom pico aquariums rimless tank, built by chris. It's 3/8th" starphaire glass.
30x20x16. Custom sump area in the back, chamber 1 houses the heater and tunze 9002 skimmer, then there is an adjustable baffle to raise and lower the water level the drains into chamber 2, media rack with filter floss purigen and chemipure elite, that spills into a fuge with cheato, then 2 baffles that go into the return chamber. Been running since may of this year and was a ran safer from my bc29.
Equipment
Pico Aquarium 30x20x16 3/8" starphaire glass.
Jaager 100w heater
Vortech mp10
Tunze 9002 skimmer
Tunze 3155 osomolater
Aqua illuminations sol blue and controller.
That's all I can think of for now.... I'll update some more later

And the green monti encrusting all over the live rock

mpsti05

I'll upgrade to the vega when ai has the upgrade kit available, for now I'm staying with the sol blue cause the growth is crazy!

And odyssey the clown hosts that gbta (green bubble tip anemone). It started off small and now is huge

Odyssey

I still have trouble telling the difference between Anemones and Corals to me most of them look the same. ;-))

Have you had any problems with it moving around?

mpsti05

Not really, it's only moved maybe 3 times in the year I've had it. It kinda ruined part of my Zoa garden where it's at now but aslong as its fed and the lighting is good it don't move.

In other news, since I added a blue spot jawfish from Reefwise my Midas blenny gave up on life and just died the other day. So hopefully ill get a new one this weekend.

mpsti05

Also have seriously been considering ditching the chemipure elite and switching to a brs reactor for carbon and using the purigen still and just a little mesh Baggie of gfo in the media basket. Have been battlling some hair algae which I think is the result of the new rock I added 2 months ago was fully ready even though I kept it in a bucket for a month may be leeching phosphates. Any suggestions?

rosko23

Also have seriously been considering ditching the chemipure elite and switching to a brs reactor for carbon and using the purigen still and just a little mesh Baggie of gfo in the media basket. Have been battlling some hair algae which I think is the result of the new rock I added 2 months ago was fully ready even though I kept it in a bucket for a month may be leeching phosphates. Any suggestions?
gfo reactor and tech M...