mpsti05 custom rimless wonderland

mpsti05

Well heres some update pics of the new brs carbon/gfo reator and the new ora bonsai and blue something or other sps. And the fruit loop zoas and a new fire shrimp. lol. Awaiting the redsea pro alk/ca/mag test kit and some 2part soultion. And also a snazzy new ato containter thats 16"x8"x14' roughly 7.7 gallons, good bye home depot bucket. Tested everything today
Phosphates 0
Ph 8.2-8.4
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10-15 (cant get to go down more, maybe more water changes)
Sg 1.025
Temp 77.4

Jep21

Is this just an open top or do u keep a mesh top on it?

Awesome pics by the way.. Tank looks amazing

mpsti05

Well the last flame angel i got from reefwise apparently had ich that showed its ugly face a few days after getting it. Flame died ick spread to my 2 yr old clown, she died, her man black nemo is now covered in ick looks like he's on his way out, jawfish died last night. Midas Blenny 6 line and diamond goby are fine for some reason. Been feeding rods food soaked in seachem metronidazole and focus and selcon and garlic extreme for the others. Setting up a 10gal qt to move the 3 healthy fish to. Not sure what I want to do, might just tear down and start over with all new rock and sand and have a friend hold my corals for a while. Or sell the tank and set up the reef savvy. Just depressed and disappointed right now, those who follow know I don't cut any corners as far as anything with this tank so I'm lost right now.

Funlad3

Ich is one of the worst things about this hobby. Keep at it, though, and you'll push through. Best wishes to your remaining fishes!

JLee1469

Bummer if the ich really came from reefwise as I was impressed with their acclimation and qt process. Hope for the best :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

gmguy496

kordon makes a 100% reef safe ich treatment called ich attack i keep clown loaches and they r very sensitive to copper so i needed an alternative it doesnt work as fast as copper but wont stain sealant or anything i would give it a shot just treat fish in qt and everything else in main tank... the only thing is ur water will turn brown while ur treating it

mpsti05

Well knock on wood I've taken control of the hair algae situation, there's still a cpl patches here and there but I continue to pluck um every water change. Since the epidemic I was down to just two fish, my 6line and diamond goby, they survived and pulled threw. Tank was in hypo with all corals and nem at 1.017 for the last 4 weeks. They stayed healthy ate the whole time. So I've raised the sg back to 1.021-22 and will continue to get back to 1.024-5 over the next few weeks. So today I celebrated and went and pick out a new clown pair from Mitch (booyahs reef) took about 2 hours to pick these 2 lol, he has so many to choose from it was overwhelming. Grabbed an onxy and a black ice buck shot looking combo! Mitch is one cool dude who is super passionate about what he does and provides an awesome experience picking out a pair of clowns. So if your looking for some clowns you gotta go see him! Only one pic for now

Reeflogic

Hey Matt, I in no way want to knock your treatment of hypo and maybe I am misunderstanding your post, but... I think you may be playing roulette with the new fishies. I tried to shave some time off going fallow back in month 1 of my set up and had a tank full of fish with no signs of crypto, so i decided to spoil myself and picked up a purple tang from Reefwise. I QT'd the tang and an anthias trio for 4 weeks and then placed them in my main tank. Two days goes by and everyone seemed fine, I feed one morning, head out the door, only to return 6 hours later and my tang laying on his side absolutely covered in crypto. Absolutely the worst case of marine ich I have ever seen in person... Made me sick to my stomach. The anthias were also covered, just not as bad.

The crypto had to have been in my system, because I treated cupramine and prazi pro combined for 4 weeks and these fish were all eating and healthy. I had to tear my rocks out and catch roughly 12 fish, dip and re-QT them. I saved my tang, but my anthias trio perished. I have now been fallow AGAIN!!!!!! for 4 weeks, with my fish in a 75g QT, all doing fine. I am remaining fallow for 4 more weeks to be on the safe side and will NEVER add a fish, rock, snail or coral to my tank that has not been QT'd for 30 days. I refuse to deal with this S%*T again.... I originally tried hypo and it needs to be much lower than you stated yours was, in order to be effective, otherwise you are stressing your fish and corals for nothing! Corals and rock wont survive true hypo treatment.

Again, I may have misread things, because I know you are a methodical reefer, but I thought I might share that with you! I love your tank btw.