Mrs. Smitty's Gorgonian tank

Smitty

Premium member
It's a rare occasion that all four ponies come out at the same time to eat...I had to take a quick pic.

Smitty

Premium member
Ugh now i want ponies lol
Hahaha....do it, do it, do it.
They're really low maintenance, imo....all we do is feed them twice a day. As you can see, they're getting big, and fast. If they have babies, and I can get a few to survive, I'll send a few your way bro.

madjoe

Premium member
Hahaha....do it, do it, do it.
They're really low maintenance, imo....all we do is feed them twice a day. As you can see, they're getting big, and fast. If they have babies, and I can get a few to survive, I'll send a few your way bro.
Lol two min after i posted i had jumped out of bed and started setting one up . Its a half moon tank idk gallons but took 10 gallon to fill so maybe 12 gal . Already had water made for reef w/c so took reef water and sand i had laying around and got her up and running. Nice having everything laying around. I just have to rebuild light and mount bam pony tank. My wufe been bugging me for ling time actually for one we had ponies for 4yrs while back . Thanks smitty for another addiction lol little cloudy and needs few more things but least it will cycle.

Jep21

Looks awesome bro!! Hows the chiller working out for u btw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty

Premium member
Lmao!!! Wow, you don't wait around! Even when it's cloudy, it looks great. I think they'll really appreciate the half moon due to the curve, and they won't bump into the corners. And it's a nice height. Are you doing soft corals, micros, etc.?

Smitty

Premium member
Looks awesome bro!! Hows the chiller working out for u btw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Jeff, the chiller is doing a fantastic job. We keep the tank set at 74°, and right now as I type this, it's at 73.5°. The ponies are really active in this temp range vs 77ish. Thanks again.

madjoe

Premium member
Lmao!!! Wow, you don't wait around! Even when it's cloudy, it looks great. I think they'll really appreciate the half moon due to the curve, and they won't bump into the corners. And it's a nice height. Are you doing soft corals, micros, etc.?
I havent gotten that far . Ive never been able to keep gorgs alive besides the purple whips. So maybe few of thoses and some leathers . The curve also makes thinks look bigger lol. It wasnt really spur of moment wifey been wanting for awhile ive had the equipment just been slacking then i saw your tank and got mitivated so bam there it is pretty clear now just gotta redo tge lights hang em and see how temp swings and figure out how to keep from swinging heater probably will never kick on but keeping it cooler is issue since im not useing sump so a chiller be interesting to set up.thinking mabe dwarf ponies

Smitty

Premium member
Cool...well, the wifey should be nice and happy now. Yeah, I'm glad I have a chiller on the tank, it's one less thing to worry about. I'd love to do dwarfs, but they only eat freshly hatched brine shrimp, and I didn't feel like that additional project.

madjoe

Premium member
Cool...well, the wifey should be nice and happy now. Yeah, I'm glad I have a chiller on the tank, it's one less thing to worry about. I'd love to do dwarfs, but they only eat freshly hatched brine shrimp, and I didn't feel like that additional project.
They actually sell hatchers that just hang on back and all u gotta do is dump some eggs it sends freshly hated brine rught in and seperates the eggs. Its eiither that or ora tank raised redi ponys. Anyway love your pony tank i will post pics of mine once im done and running maybe pipe fish too

DD

"Rambo"
Wow! The tank has come along very nicely! You're making me want to set one up now lol!