My 72 Gal Bow Front

DanSreef

Premium member
Here is my 1 year old 72 gal bow front reef.... I will post some early shots and then current.....shots.

Enjoy!

Shortly after setup

DanSreef

Premium member
About 4 Months running

Here is a shot at about 4 months running. When I set up the tank....I took a lot from a 29 Gal Bio Cube I had set up. I also saved what was a very unhealthy LT Nem. It was shrivled and bleached out... You will see it on the lower right. Watch how this thing colors up and grows.

DanSreef

Premium member
A different Perspective

Here is a different perspective about 5 months in. I get a little direct sun light in the afternoon. The tank loves it and thus far I have not had issues.

DanSreef

Premium member
About the eight month mark!

The tank is starting to mature nicely. This is a shot at about the 8 month mark. Note the LT Nem in the center of the tank. He has colored up nicely and was just growing like crazy.

DanSreef

Premium member
10 month mark!

Here is the tank at the beginning of the calander year... and the 10 month mark!

DanSreef

Premium member
Tank at 1 Year Old

I guess this is a bit of a milestone. The tank is a year old and seems to be thriving. I had to sell my LT Nem....it just was taking over the tank. As a result...I also removed an "in-tank" refugium ... if you will....that I had been growing in the upper left hand corner.

Thought the macros provided a lot of pods etc...the macro was not the type the tanks or angels would eat...and it was really invasive. So...I got rid of it..and a couple of rocks.

I was able to re-introduce me hairy mushroom rock in its place and have added some frags.

So...even after a year...things are a changing... and plan to do so for a while.

DanSreef

Premium member
Actinic Only shot at 1 year

I like the colors that pop when the actinics are on.... I also have some pretty bright moonlights in there...

DanSreef

Premium member
Thanks Kimmie and Jeff! I appreciate the comments. This is the largest tank that I have had and it has progressed nicely. Of course.... I am already keeping an eye out for another big tank...just don't tell my wife.

I have two other tanks which I will set up a thread or two around; a 29 Gal Oceanic BioCube Seahorse Tank and an 8 gal BioCube nano. More to come.

DanSreef

Premium member
Pics of my 72 Bow Front

I realized I had not posted any pictures in a while. I am starting to consider upgrading the tank to something a little larger.... like a 180. I am also thinking of adding a tank and working towards an SPS dominant one... We will see. I all takes... a lot of money and a lot of time.....

Anyway, here are some recent shots.

Smitty

Premium member
Beautiful tank and awesome progression...you've done a great job. I see you have a flame angel, he doesn't bother/nip your corals?

DanSreef

Premium member
@smitty - I have had no issue with my Flame. He has no bad habits that I have witnessed. Of course....no sooner do I say that....he will chow down on something.

I have a bi-color damsel fish...and the thing is a terror. So, I think between the two of them....they are in check all of the time. So there is never enough idle time for them to start bad habits.