New house new tank ! 250 gallon deep dimension fish room masterpiece

Well im sure some of you guys saw the question asking thread.... but this is the OFFICIAL NEW HOUSE NEW TANK ! 250 GALLON DEEP DIMENSION FISH ROOM MASTERPIECE BUILD THREAD! im only 15 days away from closing on the place now. I cannot wait to have my own fishroom/man cave the preliminary plans are for a 10x8 room built specifically for fish use... with specialized racking and shelves built to maximize space... once i close my architect friend and i will be drawing it all out and i will be posting plans up for review and suggestion.

PROPOSED PLANS:

25% in wall build ( meaning everything from the overflows forward will stick out into the room)
water change station
fish and coral qt tanks
frag tank plumbed into the 250 setup...

purchased equipment list:
Marineland 250dd aquarium starfire glass 60" x 36" x 27"
simplicity 540dc skimmer
200 lbs marco rocks dry reef rock
3-mp40 wireless quiet drive
1 ecotech vectra m1 return pump
1-300 watt finnex hmx digital titanium heater
1-500 watt finnex hmx digital titanium heater
2 bulb hamilton 48" t5 retrofit kit with ati bulbs
Apex gold
2 Ai hydra 52 hd
Bashsea 48" biofuge sump
220 lbs of tropic Eden meso flakes sand 2/3 live 1/3 dry

QT STUFF:
40 breeder 1$ a gallon deal
20 long 1$ a gallon deal
10 gallon 1$ gallon deal

600 worth of gallons of fritz salt mix

2- 65 gallon water mixing containers from farm and fleet ( re-using my old mixing station pump from panworld)
BRS 150gpd ro unit 5 stage

planned buy equipment list needed to buy still :

2 hydra 26hd

here are a few pics of me picking up the tank today!

current equip on hand :)

Last edited:
yeah that's not mine its an employees.... but there are a ton of other cars in there that you cant see that we can drive lol....

Bought the bashsea sump and updated the equipment list. Also grabbed a apex gold and got a sick deal on two hydra 52hd on reefcentral today. :)

anarchy

Here's where the tanks going to sit. I believe the basement is finished being framed now

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

drywall is up...... taping today till thursday then im gonna prime and paint the fishroom immediately so I can build the tank stands and counters... shits about to get real :)

anarchy

Drywall and paint done. Time to start on stands and the counter top

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

THANKS CODY! cant wait to setup the cabinets and counters on the one wall and the stand ect on the other! tile is going in this weekend! about two more weeks till im focused on fish hard!