Noah's 40 Breeder Ark

Jep21

So since having a child its been quite a struggle maintaining mutliple tanks. I've decided to finally get rid of my multiple nano tanks and consolodate to one tank. At the start i was having a stand and canopy built for two of my jbj 28 nano tanks all connected to one sump.. After seeing the stand and canopy built i decided to go with the 40 breeder. Everything is still currently in production. I just want to send a big shout out to Matt [MENTION=1489]Sho Tank[/MENTION]s for building my whole set up and providing all the equipment.. More updates to come soon...

6-5-15

Tank has been painted , false wall coming in soon, sump is being made which is gonna be a 27 cube and plumbing in the works. Hopefully in the next week or two this tank will finally be up and running

Also i have decided on going with the maxspect razor led lights for lighting for the tank. More updates to come

Sorry for the poor quality picture.. Was carrying my son while taking the pictures.lol

Specs:

40 breeder Aqueon tank with middle overflow
27g marineland cube sump/refugium
Maxspect Razor Led for lighting

Neebles

Oh man, that was your tank I accidentally knocked over Wednesday? Oops. Sorry man.

Ha, nah it looks nice, I do believe I saw it in person when I was there. Looking forward to the build.

Jep21

Oh man, that was your tank I accidentally knocked over Wednesday? Oops. Sorry man.

Ha, nah it looks nice, I do believe I saw it in person when I was there. Looking forward to the build.
Lol thanks bro:. Im vert excited regarding this build :) my first plumbed tank :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jep21

Update time :) i stopped by sho tank today and got super pumped at the progress :) sump is done.. Plumbing and false wall and then its all ready to go :)

Here are some pics

Jep21

update time.

Took down both of my nano tanks and moved everything over to 2 27g brutes containers. These things are very nice and very sturdy.. Will probably have to consider using these for either a qt tank or a frag tank since i really like the look of a look down frag tank Both are set up and running one with fish and the other with corals and anemones Now im ready for this tank

If ur curious as to what i have on the coral brute tank..

I have tunze d0c 9001 as my skimmer, mp40 for flow, tunze nano ato, cobalt neo therm heater, kessil 350w led as light all hooked up to my reef keeper.

Close up pics

Jep21

So this is the current stock list for now:

1. Foxface Lo
2. Midas Blenny
3/4. Clownfish pair
5. Cosmetus Wrasse
6.??????

Inverts:

1. Gig anemeone
2. Rose Bubble Tip Anemone
3. Green Bubble Tip Anemone
4. Peppermint Shrimp

Jep21

update time!

FInally got tank up and running sunday morning and so far everything looks great.. Just want to give a big shout out to Matt [MENTION=1489]Sho Tank[/MENTION]s for making me an amazing tank. Will be going to u for future builds :)

So tank Specs Are:

40 breeder tank with middle over flow and two returns
Flow: 2 mp40's and 2 mp 10's
Return: Mag 5
Skimmer: Reef Octopus Classic int 160 skimmer rated for 90-200g (have a filter sock over plumbing over skimmer section)
Light: Maxspect Razor R420R 180watt 15000K
Reactor: IM Desktop mini reactor with carbon
Fuge:18w cpr pc light with live rock and multiple macro algae (will upgrade to CC refugium light
Controller: Reef Keeper Lite with 2 pc4's temp probe and ph probe
Chiller: jbj arctica chiller

Fish:
Clown fish pair
Fox Face
Cosmetus Wrasse
Court Jester Goby
Midas Blenny (MIA)

Inverts:
RBTA
GBTA
Gig Anemone
Anemone Crab
3 Emerald Crabs
Cleaner Shrimp
Peppermint Shrimp

Here are pictures:
Sorry they are not the best. Taking pictures with leds are a hassle lol

FTS:

Sump/fuge Area

Corals/Fish

tinman

looks nice buddy :)

turn off the blue channel and use only white channel while taking pics :) you will be amazed at the quality of pics

thats how i took pics when i used razor i think ..

Jep21

looks good Jeff...did you buy all new rocks and sand or did you use any from your previous tanks?
Nope just used the existing rocks from my old set up and reused the sane but cleaned it up before putting it in the new tank

Jep21

Added the walmart that cost $10 not bad and plus it pushes out a lot of air and its dead silent...

Also i upgraded my sump light which was originally a cpr power compact 13w jimmies aka [MENTION=1029]CoralCompulsion[/MENTION] 14w Par 30 LED refugium light. I gotta say this light is awesome and doesnt emit a lout of heat.. I just can't wait to see the crazy growth macro algae in my fuge

I also stopped by [MENTION=9]AQUAPROS[/MENTION] today, got a nice size Fighting Conch to sift the sand

I also got something else but more from that later.. :spy:

Jep21

Update time:

Tanks been running for about a month now.. Everythings looking great and fish, corals, and inverts are thriving..

Just added a couple more live rock to the sump and also moved over my Green Hairy Mushroom colony. Right now im just letting my tank go grow a bit.. Make sure im doing my due dilegence in maintenance and making sure i add fill up my ato container. One problem that i notice with my tank is that i get a lot of heat from the equipment and inturn get a lot of evaporation which adds to me constantly refilling my 5g ato container.. my 5g ato container only lasts about 6 or 7 days give or take..

That AquaCave Care package :)

Tank FTS: 7-12-15

Middle (sps rock)

Left Side of The Tank

Right Side of The Tank

Overflow frag rack :)

My Gig anemone and Ritteri Anemone

That Sump Pic

Ora Red Planet From ReefWise (not the best pic)

Running carbon and perigean in my IM reactors for them nems

That frag rack :)

Last edited:

Jep21

tested my alkalinity level today with my hanna alk checker got 137 which i thnk is 7.672 dkh is that pretty good for a tank this size and it being a reef tank or should i bump it up to 8 or 9 dkh