Noah's 40 Breeder Ark

Jep21

Update on my tank..

Had a tank crash :(.. Added a abalone to take care of some hair algae in my sump and after a couplw months or so found my sump empty of any kind of macro algae.. The abalone ate it all.. And I suppose once all macro algae was gone, whatever extra nutrients it was keeping was release bank into my tank.. Had my phosphate reach as high as .031.. Which caused a good majority of my inverts to die like 2 bubble tips and a sandsifting star and a bunch of snails. Also my remaining snails and starfish are currently very lethargic and not sure will make it.. And my gig anemone is currently not doing to hot, on top of that had a massive algae break out in th display and stn all my sps except for a few... Only thing that was saved was all my fish and lps and zoas and palys and some sps ..

So I did a 3 day blackout to take care of my algae breakout and also got some more cheato for the tank and did a couple water changes.. Got my phos to about .013 hopefully another water change this weekend will help lower my phos to under .010..

Plans after my tank recovers will be to redo my rock work and remove about 90% of my sand and just keep enough for my cosmetus wrasse so he has a place to sleep at night.. Hopefully my corals will recover and I can get my tank back on th right track

The reefer

Man sorry to hear that Jeff. I recently had a tank crash. It really does suck. If I was closer I would help u out by holding some corals. Ur tank will b out of whack for a while. Just take it slow. The tank is basically starting over.

Jep21

Update time

Removed all my original live rock except for a single tonga branch on the top right(which will be eventually removed and placed in the sump).. Basically got 3 large pieces of liverock.. Just wanted to do two large islands only. Loving how the scape turned out.. Also removed a good majority of my sand.. Only keeping 2" or less since i have my cosmetus wrasse.. Will also add a sandsifting goby down the road..

Current fts

Also traded my kole tang for this awesome fish :)

Hope this time around i won't run into any tank issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tinman

Update time

Removed all my original live rock except for a single tonga branch on the top right(which will be eventually removed and placed in the sump).. Basically got 3 large pieces of liverock.. Just wanted to do two large islands only. Loving how the scape turned out.. Also removed a good majority of my sand.. Only keeping 2" or less since i have my cosmetus wrasse.. Will also add a sandsifting goby down the road..

Current fts

Also traded my kole tang for this awesome fish :)

Hope this time around i won't run into any tank issues

Nice powder blue tang :marchmellow: they are awesome ;)

Sent from my iPhone

Jep21

Did a little upgrading of my tank :)

Added these bad boys

Look over the tank with and without lights on

Now i gotta figure out how to incorporate this into the tank hood lol

2 bulb coralife t5 fixture

SkullV

Did a little upgrading of my tank :)

Added these bad boys

Look over the tank with and without lights on

Now i gotta figure out how to incorporate this into the tank hood lol

2 bulb coralife t5 fixture

Can't beat a hybrid!

xj_matt

Premium member
You will love they hybrid setup I have reefbreeder and t5s on my tank and will as well when I finish my 105g. I took apart my t5s and just hung them in my canopy without the housing