Oak Park "Natural" Pet Store

sarahwoods

i picked up a cow fish from there... over 2 weeks ago... still healthy... yes the 20% helps... :)
How do you like your cowfish? Do you have problems with it eating any of your crabs or inverts? I just got a teeny baby one last week! I already love his personality so much! Adorable! :)

I was just here Tuesday and although I wasn't impressed, the fish were pretty healthy looking and big. It definitely has potential. I can't remember exactly, but he mostly stocked LPS with a few cap colonies here and there.

Haven't met the owner, but my dad always talks about how nice he is and that he got a great deal on some picassos a couple months ago.
I went as planned, and I wasn't impressed. None of the tanks had lights and it looked like every tank had undergravel filters and powerheads. I looked at all the tanks and walked out. The fish were big and healthy though and the shop was spic and span clean. No one acknolowdedged my arrival, presence or departure.

I left to visit another new LFS, to me, and spent $150 on stuff.

jcw

Yep - that's him. Such a nice guy! He's full of knowledge and didn't mind answering the 68 questions I threw at him. He loves his fish.

BTW - the new Scott's Pet Shop blows. They moved from Westchester and have new owners - its just not the same.. which breaks my heart because.I literally grew up going go Scott's. :(

Sent from Cecily's G2x using Tapatalk
Me, too. Probably started 20 years ago(?) That was a GREAT location and a big store.

The new one on Ogden closed down already. Place was poorly staffed and poorly stocked and always stunk.

The reefer

+1 on no one asking u anything. I've gone 2 times and no one ever ask me anything. I did a whole lap around the store without being asked.

mlreef

+1 on no one asking u anything. I've gone 2 times and no one ever ask me anything. I did a whole lap around the store without being asked.
I don't think that I have ever been to this place but i might want to give it a shot since I love terrible service... How close to the airport?

I don't think that I have ever been to this place but i might want to give it a shot since I love terrible service... How close to the airport?
The place who shall not be named is where I went to is near the airport.....but OP Natural Pet Store is where we were ignored.

Cubbies

I would like to know what new store it is. Why cant it be named? I honestly have no clue but will be in the area. PM me if you would rather not post it here. Thanks

BADGUS

The used to have low prices,now they are just about the same as retail.Cleeaner shrimp $17,cleaner wrasse $25.Bleh.