Offical Chicagoreefs Fts Thread

jcarlilesiu

Updated FTS

Just finished a good cleaning and 30 gallon water change and took a few pics. Ill post this one here because its a FTS. There is alot going on so check out this thread for detailed shots.

Detailed Shots

ColaAddict

Hey Jake, does your fox face freak out when your hand is in the tank. Mine used to freak out and zoom around the tank, knocking corals off rocks, so I sold him.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Just finished a good cleaning and 30 gallon water change and took a few pics. Ill post this one here because its a FTS. There is alot going on so check out this thread for detailed shots.

Is that a trigger fish in between your anthias and foxface?

jcarlilesiu

Hey Jake, does your fox face freak out when your hand is in the tank. Mine used to freak out and zoom around the tank, knocking corals off rocks, so I sold him.
Yes.

Very skittish fish. Sometimes even as I approach the tank, it darts off into a cave and its color changes to patchy grey black.

Me and Tammy laugh. "I'm in my happy place! I'm in my happy place" is what the fish looks like its thinking.

MMreef

Great looking tank.What kind of light are you using? Do you have any fish in it? I think I only see one clown.

Logan 12

Great looking tank.What kind of light are you using? Do you have any fish in it? I think I only see one clown.
The light us just a nova extreme pro t5 fixture, it has 6 bulbs in it. 4 ATI blue pluses, 1 ATI aquablue special and a GE 6500k. There are 6 fish in the tank, a pair of clowns, a royal gramma, a sailfintang and a pair of reef chromis that lay eggs twice a week. I wanted to capture the tank without any fish in the way. So I used a small scare tactic to get them out of the picture.

Tank2379

This baby is cycling as we speak- 60G Cube but this is the best I can come up with since I don't have a reef yet.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Nice looking tank. I love how filled in it is. How long has it been running?
Thanks. It was a FOWLR for about 5 years with about 30lbs of LR. Then ~ 2 years ago while I was out of town for a week the tank crashed and I lost all my fishes. (My poor wife... everything seems to happen on her watch!!) So November '09 I decided to turn it into a reef tank. It took me 4 MONTHS of WEEKLY water changes to get the nitrates down around 20ppm (NO3 and PO4's have been zero for about a year now.) I then started slowly adding more rock and coral in Feb 2010, so it's basically been a reef tank for about a year and a half.

I'll have to get up another full tank pic soon. Just this week I've moved everything from the top-center and cleared way to start with some "colored sticks". I have been very successful with many monti's and some birdnest and want to have acro colonies growing in the center. In fact I just bought a green slimer last week and my 1st acro yesterday. As long as they do well for the next month or so (fingers crossed) I'll begin the transformation to an SPS dominated tank :)