OFFICIAL 2014 Q3 Tank of the Quarter Nominations

cet98

I'd like to nominate the most unique tank I've ever seen....Crooks 240 gallon Wonder Tank.....it's a wonder that it's still running....
Unfortunatly, at this point the only eligible nominee in this thread is Mai and last time he was approached he wasn't interested. I'll ask him again and see how he feels. If Eddie, Matt, or Hung become premium members before the cutoff they will of course be eligible. Eddie is also below the minimum post count but that might be changed depending on how many (if any) eligible nominees we get.
that's too bad....you should reconsider the "Premium Member" requirement....Crooks 240g tank is a site to behold.....:ambivalence::distrust:

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I vote for Mai! Id be embarrassed to accept this with my colonies/frags the size that they are. Thanks for the nods though.

MMreef

I vote for Menard's ( reef dweller) tank.
BTW , TOTQ or TOTM should be acknowledgment of particular member great tank and his skills, the ultimate prize he gets for participating in this forum. Forcing people to become premium members , so they can be eligible for nomination IMHO is unfair and sends the wrong message. At one point I was a premium member because of my choice to give a little extra to this forum, but never felt obligated to do it. There is more then few members with great tanks worthy of nomination , but they being excluded for that simple reason. Not even the big, national forums have this ridiculous requirement.

jrpark22000

Premium member
Mai, Menard and others have been nominated in the past either formally or informally. They have requested a future slot for the honor. The tank is in the eye of the owner and theirs doesn't meet their own standards at this time. It's just not determined when that'll be.

It may be worth asking the intent for the requirement, but labeling it ridiculous is easier than it is to wonder and ask why. This is not a national forum, it is a local community. Being an active part of the local community, whether or not they are active on CR, builds the community. National/worldwide forums do not share this, they have an infinite user base. Selecting a tank based solely on awe factor makes sense for them to draw users from all over the world to view the pictures. Chicagoland is not large enough to have a sustainable pool of such tanks.

So it's left to determine how to pick tanks of those who are active. People supporting the site build the giveaways, meet up raffles, POTM prizes, future swaps, and BBQs. Being active does and will superseded the premium membership in a way, as any member willing to put in the effort to go through the TOTQ process has earned premium membership. For those times when the community demands the TOTQ change when an absolute awesome tank is not available, why should an active supporter of the community not be given first chance? They'll be foremost in the running for the TOTQ honor.

To view this as excluding tanks, is incorrect in it's intent. Let us instead feature tanks of those who would otherwise not have thought their tank to be worthy yet, supporting all of those community minded people in the CR and greater area who will share their tank with us.

Last edited:

SkullV

I believe TeamCR is working on some things for TOTQ, I apologize for not yet announcing a winner. It's in their capable hands.

jrpark22000

Premium member
No, it's a work in progress. It will take a little time to get both the pictures taken and the write up done for the current nomination. We're working on the next couple as well to avoid the delay with the future TOTQ

SkullV

No, it's a work in progress. It will take a little time to get both the pictures taken and the write up done for the current nomination. We're working on the next couple as well to avoid the delay with the future TOTQ
Thanks for the update!

madjoe

Premium member
Oh yea i forgot u guys dont anounce till its done and ready to post . My bad just this jr park guys tank been up there so long who he think he is the owner :/