Ordering fish online???

jfmkem82

I am considering ordering my gobies and blennies for my recently set-up 25 gal lagoon via an online vendor, but I'm a little concerned about something as sensitive as saltwater fish being shipped.

I guess thats how the fish get to the vendors to begin with, but how common is it to get healthy fish this way?

My logic for considering this vs a LFS is being able to get the exact fish I want all at the same time - I want to introduce all the fish at the same time to minimize territorial issues. I've been looking at LiveAquaria since they are fairly close by and shipping would be quick.

Thoughts???

GugsJr

TeamCR
I am considering ordering my gobies and blennies for my recently set-up 25 gal lagoon via an online vendor, but I'm a little concerned about something as sensitive as saltwater fish being shipped.

I guess thats how the fish get to the vendors to begin with, but how common is it to get healthy fish this way?

My logic for considering this vs a LFS is being able to get the exact fish I want all at the same time - I want to introduce all the fish at the same time to minimize territorial issues. I've been looking at LiveAquaria since they are fairly close by and shipping would be quick.

Thoughts???
I know people who order with them with no issues.

I know AquaPros.can get fish in as well as 7 Seas

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

carpetreef75

Premium member

Thoughts???
P.M. sent

theqball

I've been pretty happy with LiveAquaria when the fish comes from their Wisconsin or Florida facilities. Anything from California almost always dies in QT or on arrival. Several orders across several years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pwfish

I've been pretty happy with LiveAquaria when the fish comes from their Wisconsin or Florida facilities. Anything from California almost always dies in QT or on arrival. Several orders across several years.

Same experience with LiveAquaria California. No problem with shipments from Wisconsin.

One website I have had a great experience ordering fish from is bluezooaquatics.com. They include an acclimation kit and instructions, and their customer service is great.

But I do suggest checking out Aquapros.

DanSreef

Premium member
I recently purchased from LiveAquaria three fish. They were well packed and the fish arrived fat and healthy. I like Aquapros as well....while you are in that area... a few more miles down the road Reefwise is also a good option.

Ageno

Premium member
I've order from LiveAquaria and have been very happy with them thus far. I've grown tried of searching locally for certain fish. The fish I have ordered came from LA and Wisconsin; purple tang, powered blue tang, jawfish, and a Labout's Fairy Wrasse. All healthly and eating at arrival.

Can't beat a 14 day guarantee, only one I know that gives one(at this time).. They have refunded $ for a fish that went missing after a week, no questions asked.

I wait for spend X$ amount and receive X$ promos, which you can get some pretty great deals on fish that way, rewards points as well... I've saved up points, free gift cards, and hit up those super specials. making "expensive" fish much cheaper.

That has been my experience anyways.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
I understand your plan to plan your fish in a specific order. I've done that before and sometimes it can be hard to do with a LFS unless they already have what you want in stock. I've asked several LFS over the years to special order me fish and they've never filled the order...perhaps I've asked the wrong LFS's, LOL.

Live Aquaria....ordered from them countless times and had shipments come from WI and CA with only 1 DOA over the years. They have a 14 day guarantee which is better than any LFS I've seen in the area. They replaced the DOA with a new one no questions asked and it was delivered the next day. The good thing is that you know what they have in stock when you order, the down side is that you don't get to see the fish until it arrives. For this reason, I prefer getting them locally whenever possible.