Petco on Halsted/Clark

SkullV

I was in there today for some dry goods (and admittedly a standard firefish thank God for a dedicated QT). I also saw Clams/Coral under a single PC bulb. Poor inverts.

SkullV

The saltwater person there actually has a decent FOWLR tank from what I can tell. But yeah, the clams should not be there.

FishBeard

So moral dilemma, let the clams die, or fund the unethical treatment of these inverts by "saving" them from the pet store. Lose/Lose situation....

rattyE36

I hate chain pet stores. Unless I'm buying cat food or crickets for my bearded dragon. The saltwater section at petco is soooo bad! They have more aiptasia than anything else in their tanks!

SkullV

A lot of lizards eat cat food. My old Savannah Monitor loved the canned stuff. That and hard boiled eggs.

javiersito91

Also in the petco in oaklawn by chicago ridge mall they have nasty looking tanks most fish got ich when i started the hobby i bougt most of my stuff there and always wondered why everything i bougt there died

although there is a petco by my godfathers house in romeoville is on weber rd and airport rd they got a small section of salt water and corals its very clean and one time i talked to one of the guys there in charged of that section he has a beatiful cube and told me about the equipment they use they use the same as fresh water but they have weekly maintance he said he talked to his boss about making some adjustments to the equipment and his boss told him that the company wont allow it

SkullV

I complain to the manager every time I'm in there. Today she told me that if I wanted to fix the problem all I had to do was fill out an application and fix it. Any high schoolers around here looking for a job where they can make a difference?

dohc97

sucks that petco thinks they can keep light demanding creatures under what amounts to a dim desk lamp. I was at the location over by Forest preserve drive and harlem and it was the same situation, the fish looked horrible. I would be ashamed if i was the employee in charge, even non-fish people were commenting on the bad state of the fish.

wojak138

Seen the big carpet there few days ago, and i nice Picasso Trigger covered in ich, fins almost gone, every once in a while they seem to get something decent but never would risk it.
Was looking a nice Mini maxi there , on special for only $19, but decided its too risky to even drop it my small nano,