Petition: reform the FS forum rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I personally don't see the big deal either. If someone wants to come on here and sell a bunch of livestock or dry goods at a decent price, and healthy. So be it. If it's a good deal, let someone reap the benefits, if not, ignore the post. Just my opinion.
+1. The other alternative might be to only show FS posts in the marketplace and not in the regular feed. That way, if you are annoyed by the excessive FS threads (which I am not) you don't have to see them.

I like scanning the FS posts regardless if it is from one of the excessive posters.

rako1

Premium member
maybe we can keep the fs threads in the marketplace and off the homepage i know when im looking for something i go there

madjoe

Premium member
As long as its good stuff and good prices what i care im always buying off of craigslist and rather buy from here because most people know everyone or no of them and can warn or rave about the person. Dont get me wrong id love to c more updates of tanks and pics. But be honest with u i dont even want to post pics of my tanks no more to many people have negative comments no matter how nice the tank is they tell u oh u bad fish keeper u have to many fish or omg that tang shouldnt be in there. Imo that makes people not post pics on the forum. I use to pur pics all the time but not so much any more. Hey some people never even go to posting spend all time in chat. To me as long as the forsale thread is not spam not junk and crazy prices im ok with them im always looking for good deals . But again just my opinion every body has a right to one right.

luckyme0670

Personally I dont think there's enough being sold in the fs thread... There's times I can't look for days and I come on to see the same old posts.... I do agree with beard to contributeing .. and thread count or 2 regulate. But that's about it. Always a loop though.... There is maybe 3 people that I see post often... 1 or 2 of witch contributes very little to nothing ...sence that's kinda the only problem u have wouldn't it be easier to just call them out on it. Either they respect it or leave or they don't realize not sure. Either way it would be solved.

Or if new sellers are a problem can be converted to higher post .. 50 .. and add you must purchase from 5 people or 5x before you can sell anything .? Kinda of a great idea actually.. witch would follow into leaving feedback or something along those lines..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

gomery12

I go to the fs threads all the time, to see what kind of deal is up for grabs. I just bought richiet frag tank setup and got a smoking deal. I look for what I want and if I don't find it then so be it, move on to other things. I've been with CR for a year now (paying member). I've been to one bbq, I am in my second paly grow out. Many of you who met me probably can't put the face to the tag name, just because I do live in Champaign and can't get up to the CHI area that often. But putting limits to those that have low posts just seems dumb. Its not that I don't participate, I just don't post all the time. Believe me, I have read over this forum many times to figure things out with my tanks, for fear of posting and getting the "It's already been posted" response. I read about members tanks whenever something new is posted. I try and give my input, if it happens to be a piece of equipment I own or have owned or had experience with. But it really bugs me when people start talking about minimum number of posts to participate in said thread. Just because someone doesn't post doesn't mean they are not actively involved in the forum. Either way they are going to make the sale or they are not, and if don't see their stuff selling then maybe they won't post as often. Maybe put a limit on how many FS threads can be active at one time or the number of times you can "bump" a thread in a given time period. As long as it stays in the FS thread I could care how often they post. Does it get in the way of the new forum posts? Sure, but then again, when something heated gets going in hidden reef, that takes up the whole new forum posts too. JMHO.

Thedg

Is it possible to just set a permission on the marketplace threads, that way everyone who is so offended by them can "opt out " and not even see them. I know I don't post too much, but I do read just about every thread posted and I try to contribute when I can. When I see for sales by the notorious people I just avoid it and mark them all read once I've scanned for the ones that interest me.

Joe Lydon

I personally love seeing the "morning bump" followed by a "lunch bump", then a "just because bump", all in the same day. I see stuff bumped when it was already on the first page. IMO, the more people selling, the better. The classified section looks like a lounge with gear passed amongst the same people. Remove market place from the feed, problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.