Ph?

madjoe

Premium member
So i bought cheapo ph probe and my ph reading low . No before u say calibrate it i have the fluid in order . Now lets say my ph is low its saying avout 6.8 so idk if its that low but all my other levels r ok what would cause ph to be low if indeed it is also what best way to keep it raised without doseing chit since everything u dose seems to raise alk to . Maybe air stone ?

madjoe

Premium member
could you add baking soda to your top off water to raise the pH slowly?
Maybe i will read up on that have few days til calibration fluid gets here so dint want to do anythig till im sure but do have some stn going on

madjoe

Premium member
If you drip kalk slowly then Cal, ALk not raise too much and PH slowly up...
Ok i will keep that in mind . Been reading on it some say run skimmer line out side to suck in fresh air basiccally said if gouse is air tight and no windows open it will lower ph i never had issue before cause apartment even with windos closed u can see blinds move lol so wasnt air tight

Joe5688

i'm disappointed in u. From the guy who never tested what he dosed you are now worried about PH. Where is the madjoe i know?

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Joe I have a lot of kalkwasser if you decide to try it. when you need any just swing by. AP always has the calibration fluid as well.

maidia

Team CR
I believe your cheap A$$ PH probe is incorrect. My cheap A$$ PH probe always over 8. The other Lab grade PH probe always between 7.8 to 8.20.

ColaAddict

If cal/alk/mag normal, then pH should be fine. DO NOT chase pH, it's the cause of many tank crashes.
Another thing that lowers pH is carbon dioxide, so do the skimmer line thing outside and you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anarchy

Lol if your ph was that low youd know. Thered be some serious problems. Anything below 7.5 is an issue

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

madjoe

Premium member
Lol if your ph was that low youd know. Thered be some serious problems. Anything below 7.5 is an issue

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Iknow that im not stupid hence why im not doing anything til i calibrate probe but i do have some issues and right now only thing showing out of whack

madjoe

Premium member
i'm disappointed in u. From the guy who never tested what he dosed you are now worried about PH. Where is the madjoe i know?
Im still here i need to ditch the probe lol its like haveing a check engine light on and putting electric tape over it so u cant c it

madjoe

Premium member
Keep in mind i never said i was worried more asking for solutions if it was little low beside dosing stuff . I do know theres been alot of people here in last few weeks plus my dad and his gf smoke in basment so might be causing so issues we will c like said bot to worried about it figured id see if people have tricks for winter time to keep ph up

labas39

I highly doubt your pH is 6.8. Calcium reactors run at around 6.5. I think at 6.8, you're coral skeletons will start to dissolve.

Also, the pH should be highest just before lights out and lowest in the morning before the lights turn on.

I wouldn't do anything until you calibrate your monitor.