Photo of my 90G

Tank2379

Bommie

Looks awesome! Hopefully u wont get too much accumulated detritus in ur rock work. I like the sand bed, what brand did u use?

Tank2379

Thanks Guys... It's been doing well...

Just some things I did with the transfer because I know some get concerned about Ammonia spikes in the water. From my 60G I use the old sand never wash it because it still houses pods and beneficial bacteria and worms that help keep the sand live. I added the sand to the bottom of the 90G added 80lbs of sand over the existing sand to keep it from spiking any Ammonia. Once all the rocks where put back it was cloudy I use the same water from my 60G and pour it into the 90G to keep any good bacteria that's still live in the water.

Once everything settled in overnight, I when to doctor fosters smith and bought a couple bottle of Special Blend- Smells pretty bad when you first open it but it all the good bacteria that's build up into the bottle. Anyhow this is another source of beneficial bacteria that is needed to keep any Ammonia spike from happening. it's been 3 weeks now and everything has been doing great seeing new growth from my SPS and the colors are coming out crazy bright. Had to redial in my doser pump also to keep my Alk and Cal levels stable again.

Some reverse Space Monsters I've had cooking up

steveo9043

Just wondering where did you get your 90 and with what stand? Is it a good amount of room in it? Also was your sump easy to get in from the front?

I'm thinking of down sizing from my 5ft 120 to a 90 RR. Want to be able to use all my old equipment tho.

eshopps r-200 sump
sca 302 skimmer

looks like you have the move part down pretty good. Move is why I'm looking at a new tank.

Tank2379

Just wondering where did you get your 90 and with what stand? Is it a good amount of room in it? Also was your sump easy to get in from the front?

I'm thinking of down sizing from my 5ft 120 to a 90 RR. Want to be able to use all my old equipment tho.

eshopps r-200 sump
sca 302 skimmer

looks like you have the move part down pretty good. Move is why I'm looking at a new tank.
Picked up the Tank and Stand from AP- The room is good enough for me but wish I went with a smaller sump the RS-200 is pretty big for the bottom of this sump unless I do a custom build Stand for it in the near future and make this stand taller than the avg 30" that it came with. But all in all I am happy with the Purchase and tank.

steveo9043

Picked up the Tank and Stand from AP- The room is good enough for me but wish I went with a smaller sump the RS-200 is pretty big for the bottom of this sump unless I do a custom build Stand for it in the near future and make this stand taller than the avg 30" that it came with. But all in all I am happy with the Purchase and tank.
Sounds good, thanks for the input!

madjoe

Premium member
Yea standard stands suck no room have sane issue with my 75. I got lucky with my 90 came with a old school tall stand

Tank2379

Couple new photos- got some sweet Acros and montis just to name a few

Bali- Tricolor- Knock off Bonsai
Tri- Color Valida
Garf Bonsai- slow grower smooth skin
Cliffs Acro
ORA red planet
ORA Latana Monti Marshall Island
Starburst Monti
Rainbow Monti
Mystic Sunset
Sunset Monti
JF Tubb Stelleta Monti
Red cap Monti
Purple Rim Monti
Blueberry Stag
Tierra del Fuego
Green Slimer
Strawberry Shortcake
German Blue Digi
Forrest Fire Dig
Purple Digi
Red Digi
Pearlberry

Have various other acros and will be getting some RR frags in soon.

View attachment 5468
View attachment 5469
View attachment 5470
View attachment 5471
View attachment 5472

Tank2379

Some new Top down shots of my SPS tank

Red Planet

WWC Yellow Tip

Strawberry Shortcake

Bali Tri-Color and Candle Light Acro on the Bottom

Pink and Baby Blue Millie being blasted with Light

Was told Lime In The Sky but not sure

Forgot the name of this one was acquired by [MENTION=2246]cet98[/MENTION] in a trade