Possible Summer Grow out Paly - Thoughts???

Paly/Grow Out Cost

• I would NOT be interested in this grow-out

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

scotty

Frag club ends this week...........just let tin you know. Were gonna take a month and revamp. But our goal is specifically what ed wants to avoid. We are looking at higher end looking items, and a little more exclusive, oh and a sweet grow out for fun with a little cash, but not everyone wants that. Just an option we can chat about before poor Dan is running 15 grow outs and losing his purty head of hair.

DB9181

Haha no worries, running 1-2 grow outs isnt horrible - I'm always doing something on my tank/having SW ppl through my place -once the initial fragging/pick up is complete, the rest (2 1/2mths) is a breeze. Just wanna get as many poeple active/involved and the opportunity to collect frags they may not normally have access too.

DB9181

Update: alright, I was able to "secure" a 24-25p colony which ups the grow-out participant opportunity (as well as payout) if we can get at least 15people interested I have no problem ordering the colony and getting this up and running - we can still do another grow-out contest (can participant in both if youd like) and I honestly don't mind setting that one up either.

Im Sure IF we did do this colony, afew others (that have not yet posted/polled) would chime in as well. Come and and get afew more votes and ill have the colony shipped out so it can acclimate, etc -the new 20L frag tank has plenty of room :)

DB9181

Alright looks like we have almost enough to do a mini grow out :) afew extra people voting would make it for sure :)

DB9181

Vender said he got it as 6-7p about 4 1/2 mths ago, and it was roughy 75p when he fragged it yesterday. Looks like we have enough interest in this colony... I will make shipping arrangements etc

medinabrent

New to this forum but I would love to jump in on this. Payment gets a polyp, and then we compete for prize at end? Sounds fun to me

DB9181

Brent, glad to have you on board. You can check out the current grow-out contest (ends June 11th) to get a better idea but yes, basically - we get a nice colony of palys (larger and easier to frag than zoas), each registered member gets 1 polyp, usually the grow out goes for 3 months, the member with the most heads at the end wins.

Its a nice little completion, as well as gets you a polyp of sometime usually a little more unique at less of a cost (but with the extra $ going to payouts) for example the last growout was everlasting gobstoppers which we got from a member at $4-5pp, when they normall go for $7-10pp through hobbyist and double or triple that through online vendors.

i hope to have the new grow out thread created tonight... But I'm on deployment Our K9 Academy for re-certifications in the middle of nowhere Indiana, so the Internet sucks.

DB9181

It will be first come, first serve... based on payment received.

As of right now, the first 20 participants with have polyps. After that a 'waiting list' will be created. The colony should be 24-25 polyps, but until they are all fragged/healed I do not know the exact final number of participants.

I will should be get the colony early next week, and want to give it afew day to a week to acclimate before chopping it up...then at least a week to let frags heal up, plus allowing several days for pick up. I'm thinking a grow-out start date for July 1st would be the simplest. I don't see the risk in rushing getting it chopped up and losing polyps.

:wink: Keep an eye open very shortly for the new grow-out thread :wink:

jayjigga

You should do it based on a posting count on a different thread. So have people post a list like this:

1. Joe

Then the next guy would have to post:

1. Joe
2. Ryan

Third guy, etc., but make the post time stamp be the judge of who's in line. Give them xxx amount of time to pay after a solid 20 is established and the waiting list would start from there. If they don't pay within the time, SOL :)

jayjigga

Give a day notice or something and say thread will be open starting @ xx:xx and that even if it hits 20, still post. Those who don't follow format, their entry doesn't count. If it's not explanatory enough, we'll make a mock-up of how it would look, lol