Really Need Help ASAP! Blue Hippo has ich! ICH Help!

madjoe

Premium member
Ok.
So nothing agaisnt you. But thats what everybody says. So ich had a cycle. You possibly noticed the visuals warning you and thought you may have decided to QT. Right now they parasite fell of the fish. The fish is doing great is what reefers say. But the parasite is now in its cyst stage on substrate. Each one will explode into 200 or so more free swimming looking for dory again and it will continue.

Sorry to sound so real.
But im dealing with velvet and watching 8 fish die in 5 days sucked ass. And thats with trying to save them.
With working 12hrs a day. Id come home to dead fish.

Good luck
Well he did say he was going to set up a qt which is smart. And you r right might fish will look good for few day and then have it again the uv helps keep it down . And although i am one those guys who dont worry about the real ich i do believe if u dont know how to identify real ich from lets say velvet then u should treat the fish ive lost all fish three times to mis identification of the dease ive learned the hard way how to tell the difference and it still isnt easy to tell. And to the op ich attach is snake oil dont waste your money get the wt set up and treat the fish. If its not ich as I suspect from u saying u saw breathing issues and its velvet by the time it stops looking like ich and more like velvet its gonna be to late as matrix here already knows . Sorry bout your fish matrix u had some nice ones too

wrasse

Is your tank grounded?
If you have stray electrical in your tank you can stress the fish and cause an outbreak of ich.

Could be but they survived and nothing got ick after but it could just be dumb luck...
Again, the ick is in your tank. It's just at a stage where it's invisible to the naked eye. There are four stages it cycles through if I remember correctly. It is still in the gills of your fish.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, the ick is in your tank. It's just at a stage where it's invisible to the naked eye. There are four stages it cycles through if I remember correctly. It is still in the gills of your fish.
Your new fish also have it, you just don't see it.

Unk

They have been alive for well over year after and have been healthy. So whatever it is it worked.