recommended hob skimmer for my 29 gallon

imbuggin

Well it looks like imbuggin is willing to give you one if he can find it :cool:
yeah I will look. If I still have it in a box, you can have it. I may have tossed it. That was how well I thought of it :rolleyes:

but honestly the eshopps blew it away. You can get those back packs to work, but it requires a few mods and constant tweeking. I prefer to set and forget.

emailed the pic of the eshop for ya

Pufferpunk

I have bought both the Backpacs I am using for $50 each, used. I have had to replace both pumps after 2 years but otherwise, they work great.

If you're looking for a HOB sump, I've got a cool all in one, sump/fuge/skimmer.

xtlosx

I've been using a Red Sea Prizm for a month now, LOVE it.... Price is affordable, and does a hell of a job.

scotty

really on the prism? ive read nothing but bad things about them. eye of the beholder i guess, everyone always raves about aquaC's and never go back.

SaylorsReef

really on the prism? ive read nothing but bad things about them. eye of the beholder i guess, everyone always raves about aquaC's and never go back.
I also have heard nothing but bad things on the prism. It probably ranks up there with the SeaClone as far as bad reviews. But that doesn't mean it can't work. I actually modded a seaclone years back and made it work pretty well.

SaylorsReef

id take anything free right now. :)
Don't think she is giving anything away.

What all do you need? I don't think I have any skimmers but I have a BUNCH of stuff that has been sitting in my garage for the last two moves that I need to go through.

Pufferpunk

I actually have the Prizm hanging on my 40g right now. Still waiting on a Maxijet mod kit for my Backpac. Better than nothing...

PaPaBear

I've been pleased with the BH 100F made by REEF OCTOPUS.
The unit measures 18 1/2" tall, 13" wide. It's a slim 3" deep, so you need about 6" between the tank and your wall.
It has an internal 225F needle-wheel pump making a ton of micro bubbles.
With a large chamber return perfect for running filters such as carbon, or whatever else you like. I also placed my heater in it. It includes a silencer and sells for around $160
The BH 100 is a bit smaller in size as it puts the pump in your tank and sell s for around $120