Red sea max e series

uscuba2

So I am thinking about buying a Red sea max e setup as an entry in to the hobby. what other equipment would I need to get started?

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
So I am thinking about buying a Red sea max e setup as an entry in to the hobby. what other equipment would I need to get started?
Welcome to CR!

My understanding is the Red Sea Max systems come pretty complete. I don't have any experience for the lighting and filtration effectiveness but I'm sure others have input there.

Looks like you'll need a heater, auto top off, and if you want stability and safety measures a controller like an Apex or Apex Jr or RKE.

Good luck with your future build and welcome to the community!

1fishjones

Premium member
Did you know that Red Sea does not include a protein skimmer, pump, or lighting?
Seams like a lot of money for a thirty four gallon tank, nine gallon sump, stand and ATO. I personally would wait to hear what the community here at CR have to say. There's plenty of experts here ready and willing to steer you in the right direction. Plus they'll save you $.
I look forward to your build whatever you decide & wish you good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you know that Red Sea does not include a protein skimmer, pump, or lighting?
Seams like a lot of money for a thirty four gallon tank, nine gallon sump, stand and ATO. I personally would wait to hear what the community here at CR have to say. There's plenty of experts here ready and willing to steer you in the right direction. Plus they'll save you $.
I look forward to your build whatever you decide & wish you good luck.

The E series are pretty much plug and play. They come with a protein skimmer, return pump(s), and lighting. The E series in fact come with AI hydras for lighting. The sump for this model is optional though, so it can be run as an AIO.

Red Sea makes beautiful tanks. One day i want one of the Max S series tanks, although I do know there are other amazing set ups out there too.

If you can, I'd go to one of the local stores like Aquapros and ask them for advice on a setup that will meet your budget. Don't just get a Red Sea because it is a complete setup, unless that is what you want. I personally think they are a lot of money for someone that is just getting into the hobby.

1fishjones

Premium member
Sorry I see it now, most do come plug and play. This is the one I checked out at marineland reef.com

Red Sea Reefer 170, Black

Red Sea Reefer 170, Black
Larger Photo Email A Friend
Alternative Views:

Our Price (price includes free shipping!) $949.00
Stock Status:In Stock
Product Code: RRS42111
Description

The Red Sea Reefer 170, Black, provides advanced hobbyists with a solid foundation for building a fully featured reef or marine aquarium. The Reefer combines a contemporary, rimless, ultra-clear glass aquarium with a stylish cabinet and a comprehensive water management system, including a professional sump with integrated automatic top-off, and Red Sea’s unique silent down-flow system. The Reefer is designed for ease of operation while allowing the hobbyist to choose their own lighting, protein skimmer, pumps and controllers to create a uniquely customized system.

Features:
Rimless, ultra-clear, beveled edge glass 34 gallon aquarium with a 9 gallon cabinet sump
Display tank dimensions: 24.5" Wide X 20" Front to Back X 20" Tall
Total system height with cabinet: 54"
The pump and protein skimmer are NOT included.
The 9 gallon sump has a 11.8" x 9.8" skimmer chamber and a 11.8" x 4.7" pump chamber.
Lighting is not included. Your choice of light will depend on whether you have corals (& the type of corals). Please refer to our Reef Aquarium Lighting Chart and Fish-only Tank Lighting Chart for ideas. Just look for the section for the 34 gallon Red Sea Reefer 170.
Recommended flow rate: 530 gph. (pump NOT included). The pump needs to be a submersible pump.
Elegant marine-spec cabinet
Assembly-ready piping—no gluing required
Water management system:
To ensure a constant water level in the pump compartment, all Reefer sumps include an integrated automatic freshwater top-up unit, guaranteeing a constant, stable water flow throughout the complete system
On entering the sump the water passes through a 200 micron mechanical filter bag, before entering the filtration compartment that maintains a constant water height, making it suitable for all skimmers and other reactors
In the event of a blockage in the regulated downpipe, an additional emergency overflow pipe provides an unrestricted free flow of aquarium water directly to the sump
NOTE: This item is drop-shipped directly from the manufacturer through commercial trucking companies. The trucking company will call you before delivering your Red Sea Aquarium to arrange for a delivery time. Allow 7-14 days for delivery. Someone will need to sign for the delivery. You should also expect to move the product from the curb, sidewalk or driveway to your home/office. We do not offer expedited shipping for this item. This product can NOT be shipped to Canada, Puerto Rico, Alaska or Hawaii.

Browse for more products in the same category as this item:

AQUARIUMS > Aquariums: > Aquariums by Manufacturer
Red Sea Reefer Aquariums
Please contact us with any questions you have.

sales@marineandreef.com

Toll-Free 877-878-9349
International 1-480-491-5283

Monday-Friday 8am-11:30am & 12:30pm-4pm MT
Note: we do not have daylight savings time in Arizona
Company
Contact us
Privacy Policy
Terms & Conditions
My Account
Login/Register
Order Status
Wish List
Shipping & Returns
Shopping
All Products
Category Index
Site Help
Manufacturer Contact Info
Get Marine & Reef news right in your inbox!
Submit
Copyright www.marineandreef.com Built with Volusion shopping cart software