Ryan’s 180 Aqueon Mixed Reef

Rcunning8

Premium member
Hello my name is Ryan and I am a coral addict!

So I have been kind of silent on the forum as of late and I thought I would update my most recent build at my new apartment.

Tank is 180 gallon aqueon 6x2x2 with floating canopy and black stand

Sump is Bashea signature series

Floating canopy installed by me!

Lighting is a 48 inch Reef breeder flanked by two ai primes with two retrofit 5 foot t5 in front and back as well as a 48 inch orbit marine pro mounted at a 48 degree angle

Skimmer is a nyos 160

Return pump is jebao dct 1500

The tank didn’t go through a cycle or anything as I completely started this tank from day one fully stocked after emptying out my old tank and moving everything over to my new place in bucktown

This is my old tank

Emptied out
Bought by @thematrix

Moving my livestock by myself over to my new place was an absolute PITA but I did it and only lost one coral

My current livestock list is
Every coral known to man
Blue throat trigger male
Naso tang female
Achilles tang male
Blue tang
Purple tang
Two clowns
Potters wrasse
Radiant wrasse
Ornate leopard wrasse
Red tail tamarin wrasse
Yellow tail tamarin wrasse
Three barlet anthias
Mates pair of blue mandarin dragonettes
Shrimp goby pair
Starry blenny
Chromis
Pair of six line wrasse
About six or seven starfish
Crabs, shrimp, urchins etc etc

Hope your guys like my tank and follow along for the ride it’s always an adventure!

Me and Julian sprung the man himself!!

Hope you enjoy follow along for more cool pics, updates, conversation about chemistry, parameters and what I do on a day to day basis to keep this thing beautiful!

Happy reefing ya weirdos

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amozoc

Premium member
Welcome to this forum and you got before nice corals and beautiful tank. Pretty sure the new one will be again amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Thor

madjoe

Premium member
Dang son you must have coolest landlords ever lol 180 gal is that gonna be your over flow tank lol

Wojtek

Premium Sponsor
Yes You are an addict! I am glad you know that! :) Ryan is one of the nicest people i know in the hobby. His tank is incredible!

Rcunning8

Premium member
Dang son you must have coolest landlords ever lol 180 gal is that gonna be your over flow tank lol
Lol when I moved in here in August I looked at the lady and told her I had a fish tank when she was showing me the apartment. I started asking about floor plans and how the struts of the floors were reinforced. She is like” o you have a fish tank huh no problem, this place is built like a rock.” I was like uhhh nooo u don’t understand this thing is gonna weigh a shit ton, still she paid no mind and I moved in. Lol the entire time filling this thing in I was like hoping the floors didn’t cave in haha

madjoe

Premium member
Lol when I moved in here in August I looked at the lady and told her I had a fish tank when she was showing me the apartment. I started asking about floor plans and how the struts of the floors were reinforced. She is like” o you have a fish tank huh no problem, this place is built like a rock.” I was like uhhh nooo u don’t understand this thing is gonna weigh a shit ton, still she paid no mind and I moved in. Lol the entire time filling this thing in I was like hoping the floors didn’t cave in haha

?

Scoots

Premium member
See this tank in person..very impressive! Thanks for having me over. Look forward to coming back soon.

Can't wait til the "fragging" begins... again!
Glad the loss from moving was kept to a minimal, I hope I can be as fortuate.
I'll have to pik your brain for info soon as I plan on upgrading sometime in the spring .
Happy New Year man!

Rcunning8

Premium member
Can't wait til the "fragging" begins... again!
Glad the loss from moving was kept to a minimal, I hope I can be as fortuate.
I'll have to pik your brain for info soon as I plan on upgrading sometime in the spring .
Happy New Year man!
You too dude are u just moving tanks or moving houses? If you are just transferring from one tank to another that’s the easiest thing ever

Rcunning8

Premium member
Never get to hang out with my corals at this time of night/day so I’m taking pics!!

Shroom box loaded with shit I can’t keep alive ?*♂