Ryan’s 180 Aqueon Mixed Reef

Rcunning8

Premium member

I love the detailed instructions of your tank husbandry!! That is super nice to share your tips and tricks of the hobby!! Very helpfully!!
Thank you for sharing

What are these corals name? I love the orange one! I used this photo for my background on my phone. It’s an amazing picture! I hope you don’t mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Merlins staff, wd, matt v rainbow envy and forest fire digi

Ryan,

I don’t know how I missed your new build, but as usual your tank is stunning!!! I also appreciate the husbandry details. I always believe in helping others to keep this awesome hobby alive and you do it in spades!

Keep on keeping on brother....

Nick

Rcunning8

Premium member
Ryan,

I don’t know how I missed your new build, but as usual your tank is stunning!!! I also appreciate the husbandry details. I always believe in helping others to keep this awesome hobby alive and you do it in spades!

Keep on keeping on brother....

Nick
Thanks dude! Hope all is well gonna be posting a couple new additions in a little stay tuned!

goatous

Ryan - awesome as always.
Would you mind showing us your micro-bubbler set up?
Is it just an air stone in front of the return pump and the air pump on a timer?

Rcunning8

Premium member
Do you run 24-hour light cycle on your miracle Mud refugium?
Hey man no I don’t I run I think 16 hours which is opposite the peak of my 12 hour dt photoperiod. I have mangroves in there and thought they could use a dark period

Rcunning8

Premium member
Ryan - awesome as always.
Would you mind showing us your micro-bubbler set up?
Is it just an air stone in front of the return pump and the air pump on a timer?
Hey man lemme get to this tomorrow. Basically the air stone should be placed in the baffle prior to the return pump so that the macrobubbles float to the top and pop and the microbubbles get taken along with the flow of the water to the return. I personally have my WOODEN airstone right to the left of the pump because it gave me the concentration of microbubbles I was looking for. The best analogy i have heard is that the microbubbles Should look like a humidifier on a medium setting as they come out the return nozzle/lockline.

Rcunning8

Premium member
Merlins staff and the reds one is a no namer because the person forgot who gave it to me