Smitty's 60 cube upgrade

Smitty

Premium member
Well, I've got the tank full and currently running. I didn't add the corals, fish, nor inverts yet. I'll add them tomorrow. My back is killing me and i haven't been asleep yet since yesterday afternoon. The skimmer and gfo is also running, and I'll add some carbon tomorrow.

Smitty

Premium member
I'm loving this protein skimmer.....I emptied a full cup late last night before bed, and it's almost full again.

Smitty

Premium member
I'm pondering if I should put this skittish, meanish, six line wrasse in my sump, and eventually get me a much prettier wrasse instead? I'd like to add more active, colorful fish(anthias, chromis, firefish, etc.) to this tank. I've added more rocks and multiple caves, nooks and crannies so I can have multiple smaller fish constantly swimming around.

Jep21

if i were u bro i would probably just get rid of the wrasse and more peaceful and color fish first and then later on if u decide u want to add another semiaggressive fish like the sixline i would add it last.. That would probably cut down the aggresssion from the fish

Smitty

Premium member
if i were u bro i would probably just get rid of the wrasse and more peaceful and color fish first and then later on if u decide u want to add another semiaggressive fish like the sixline i would add it last.. That would probably cut down the aggresssion from the fish
I 100% agree with you bro....to keep from placing him in my tank, I just threw him in the sump. He still has plenty of room down there. He'll also have plenty to eat from the fuge and food that overflows down there. He was just too aggressive and caused many of my peaceful fish to jump out the tank.

Smitty

Premium member
Alrighty...I'm done with placing the corals, inverts and fish back into tank....I've made it cloudy again moving stuff around, but the corals are opening up and the fish are happily swimming around. Looks like no mini cycle or spike(thank goodness).

lunacris

looking good ! i would also ditch the sixline , mine recently killed 2 wrasse and beat up another . cant wait to see.it stocked , and in 5 years the upgrade to a 120 whaaaaaaaat