Smitty's Big Reef (125 Gal)

Smitty

Premium member
I added a Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse and a Copperband Butterfly to my reef today. The butterfly because the aiptasia is starting to bloom, and the wrasse just because.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Smitty

Premium member
The copper band is doing very well. I was a lil sceptical because they're such finicky eaters, and nip corals, but he's always out and about, eats pieces of frozen mysis, my aiptasia is disappearing, and most importantly, he doesn't bother my corals at all.

madjoe

Premium member
The copper band is doing very well. I was a lil sceptical because they're such finicky eaters, and nip corals, but he's always out and about, eats pieces of frozen mysis, my aiptasia is disappearing, and most importantly, he doesn't bother my corals at all.

I just got one last sat he got beat up first 2 days but seems to be doing good and eats frozen haven’t seen him eat aptasia yet but he wasn’t allowed at the rocks for while lol

Smitty

Premium member
I just got one last sat he got beat up first 2 days but seems to be doing good and eats frozen haven’t seen him eat aptasia yet but he wasn’t allowed at the rocks for while lol
Nice pick up.....I hope he starts to eat them for you soon. I love their personality.

BradB

Premium member
Nice
I’ve never had any luck with CBB

I’ll have to try again....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty

Premium member
Nice
I’ve never had any luck with CBB

I’ll have to try again....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope I have long term success with him. Good luck in the future yourself as well.

Jacinta

Because this tank is in my family room, and on hardwood floors, I wanted to put the sump and other filtration in the next room over, which is the laundry/ mud room.

Smitty

Premium member
Well, the copperband idea was short lived.....I found his half eaten body Monday morning. So I bought the 2 filefish from Jim on Tuesday. Wish me luck with thm to eradicate my few aiptasia.

Smitty

Premium member
Its been a min since I've posted on here.... but the tank is doing extremely well. I just picked up a pikachu acro frag from mermaids cove. It's already doing well in the tank.

Mjl714

Well, the copperband idea was short lived.....I found his half eaten body Monday morning. So I bought the 2 filefish from Jim on Tuesday. Wish me luck with thm to eradicate my few aiptasia.

How are the filefish doing?