Smitty's Big Reef (125 Gal)

Smitty

Premium member
I got my dsb in the refugium and some micro algae in there finally. I'm wondering if I should put some more rocks in the fuge and the various algaes on the rocks to make it a "display" or just throw all the various algaes in there and let it just grow wildly.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Smitty

Premium member
turned out very nice Bud , howz wifey like it now ?
Bryan
Thanks bro.....she absolutely loves it. She came home from work one day and I had all the lights programmed on, and she went crazy over it. She says she can’t wait for me to fill it up now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smitty

Premium member
Dayum Bud were neighbors i feel safer already Ha ,stop by anytime i'm behind the Burger Queen / KFC
Bryan

- - - Updated - - -

Pink Seahorse goes in the tank lol
Bryan
Oh, ok cool. Right off Egyptian Trail?

Smitty

Premium member
Dayum Bud were neighbors i feel safer already Ha ,stop by anytime i'm behind the Burger Queen / KFC
Bryan

- - - Updated - - -

Pink Seahorse goes in the tank lol
Bryan
My son suggested putting the seashore in there, but I'm concerned about the paint. ☺

carpetreef75

Premium member

U got it a stones throw away ,i know kinda right where your at Ha did a few sidejobs last fall poured a concrete driveway and built a huge 3 level paver patio with bar & fire pit & Brians place is the go to for happy hour . Whats the 1st fish going in on your wish list ???
Bryan

Smitty

Premium member

U got it a stones throw away ,i know kinda right where your at Ha did a few sidejobs last fall poured a concrete driveway and built a huge 3 level paver patio with bar & fire pit & Brians place is the go to for happy hour . Whats the 1st fish going in on your wish list ???
Bryan
I'm not quite sure yet.....I still have to setup a quarantine tank first before I even think about getting fish. Just focusing on restocking my corals for now I guess. I'm definitely gonna get a bunch of anthias' and a few tangs.

Smitty

Premium member
I picked up a third mp10 for the display tank yesterday, I need 1 more to replace the jebao pp4.... and tweaked my aquascape a lil more.

I also grabbed a few mangrove stalks for the refugium tank.

carpetreef75

Premium member
I picked up a third mp10 for the display tank yesterday, I need 1 more to replace the jebao pp4.... and tweaked my aquascape a lil more.

ya know them Seahorses just love mangroves Ha

Smitty

Premium member

ya know them Seahorses just love mangroves Ha
Yes sir..... once those roots take off, they'll have something to latch on to..... I'm thinking of aquascaping the fuge with branching tonga rock too.

Smitty

Premium member
It's been a while since I've updated this build..... my son doesn't want to re-setup his puffer tank, so since I had so much rock from that tank just sitting in a rubbermaid trash can, I put the live rock in my setup. Way more rock, nooks, crannies and caves for the fish to swim thru.