Sponsors?

SkullV

What's up with the sponsors on here? Is anyone on "Team CR" keeping up with them? A few of them have not signed on or posted in quite some time now.

SkullV

I am not sure that I understand the purpose of this post?
Just being a very small forum it would be beneficial for the board and the sponsors to shoot them an email every once in a while and see how they are doing, see if they have anything big happening, etc.

For example, when is the last time someone on "Team CR" sent Ryan at Blue Thumb an email to say that you have not seen him sign on since August and see how his business is doing? Knowing they are important to the community will undoubtedly increase sponsor response here on the forum.

Just a quick break down:

• Blue Thumb - Hasn't signed on since August
  • Epic Corals - Hasn't signed on since September
  • Rob's Aquatics- Never Signed on
  • AquaPro - Hasn't signed on since August
  • Aquatica - Never Signed On
  • Premium Aquatics - Never Signed On

We definitely have enough staff at this site to send a friendly "CR Newsletter" to our sponsors every once in a while explaining forum growth and reminding them that their contribution of general aquarium knowledge, product information, and possible discounts would be GREATLY appreciated.

ColaAddict

Pretty good suggestion. I agree. It would be nice if someone bugged those guys once in awhile to post some specials for us.

SkullV

Pretty good suggestion. I agree. It would be nice if someone bugged those guys once in awhile to post some specials for us.
That's not at all what it is about, and if you make it about nothing but "posting some specials for us" then they will inevitably disappear. We need them to know and understand that they are valued for more than just community related discounts.

I would be happier for Jeremy from Premium Aquatics to post his LED comparison here and keep it updated than to offer any sort of discount.

In such a small community, it is VERY noticeable to these sponsors what they are valued for. It should be knowledge, not money.

ColaAddict

That's not at all what it is about, and if you make it about nothing but "posting some specials for us" then they will inevitably disappear. We need them to know and understand that they are valued for more than just community related discounts.

I would be happier for Jeremy from Premium Aquatics to post his LED comparison here and keep it updated than to offer any sort of discount.
Oh Yeah, definitely that too. It would be nice for them to share their knowledge with us.

SkullV

I suppose this is another sponsor related question, but are there different levels of sponsorship? I noticed that only one sponsor has a CR SPONSOR logo.

jcarlilesiu

I suppose this is another sponsor related question, but are there different levels of sponsorship? I noticed that only one sponsor has a CR SPONSOR logo.
We are currently working on possible adjustments to the site sponsorship. As more details become available we will let you know.

SkullV

Anything going on with this? It looks like there is another new sponsor but no movement on the old ones.

Forfend

Does it really matter? I mean they paid their dues to advertise, if they choose not too post and be active it's their business.

If you want to send good will emails why not just email them directly? Almost every website has a contact page with an email address listed.

SkullV

Does it really matter? I mean they paid their dues to advertise, if they choose not too post and be active it's their business.

If you want to send good will emails why not just email them directly? Almost every website has a contact page with an email address listed.
You obviously don't know how things were run for sponsorship. Also, I think it does matter, not just because I would hope they contribute, but also because this is a VERY small community as far as some of the bigger sponsors are concerned and they may even forget it is there. For example, Premium Aquatics posts significantly more on Mike's other forum in Southern California.

Cubbies

You obviously don't know how things were run for sponsorship. Also, I think it does matter, not just because I would hope they contribute, but also because this is a VERY small community as far as some of the bigger sponsors are concerned and they may even forget it is there. For example, Premium Aquatics posts significantly more on Mike's other forum in Southern California.
+1 :thumb: And a heck of ALOT more sponsors over there! I wonder why that is? How come Mike can't get them on both sides. . .

SkullV

+1 :thumb: And a heck of ALOT more sponsors over there! I wonder why that is? How come Mike can't get them on both sides. . .
A lot of them are local to SoCal, but BRS, Hamilton Technology, Reef Geek, etc would be potentially good sponsors here. That whole site just seems a lot more put together. It is 4 years older though.