Sps coloring issues

i would go straight to 100%, then crank up alk to 12+ in one shot for the extra growth and then dump a bunch of Acropower in there, don't even measure it, just dump the bottle

no really, don't do any of that...maybe do 5% every 2 weeks and see how your corals react

SkullV

I think you could go 5% per day. You know what they say: Nothing good happens slowly.
This is the route I would go if you're keeping the kessil and want to keep branching SPS. I would also consider getting a second kessil and angling them both inward and toward the back of the tank. This won't eliminate the shading from the dense matrix array but it does help.

Easy way is to say :) Ditch the kessil if going acro tank ..

Last edited:

tinman

This is the route I would go if you're keeping the kessil and want to keep branching SPS. I would also consider getting a second kessil and angling them both inward and toward the back of the tank. This won't eliminate the shading from the dense matrix array but it does help.

thats a sarcastic comment .. if i meant it, it would read "Easy way to say is Ditch the kessil ......" there is a difference .. :dog-laugh:

SkullV

This is what one local guy did to combat the general shading issue with Kessil lighting to give you an idea of what i was talking about:

Sparky312

Oh that coral always browns out before it gets nice mine has 3 times very touchy but comes back
+1 I had a miyagi tort that looked good when I got it, then looked awesome with glowing green, then brown turd, now coming back to sweet again

Mike, last time I saw you, you said you couldn't keep a birdsnest! Now look at you, keeping a bunch of SPS successfully, and only having issues with the tricky ones/acros. You are doing great man, just stay the course :)