SPS question

vucious

Thanks nino.. Just saved that chart hopefully after getting my alk up my sps will do better.. Where do u but ur additives by the way? I was considering getting the stuff from brs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use baking soda to raise my alk and kalkwasser to maintain. But raise slowly maybe just .5 dkh per day.

Last edited:

Spartanman22

You can use either baked or unbaked it depends on the pH demands of your system. When you bake it your driving off CO2

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
When raising your alk, make sure you don't raise your pH more than 0.20 with any single dose of alk. Also, you can raise your by 1.4 dkh per day. However, if I was as low as you I'd limit that to 1 dkh per day spread out over two doses...morning & night.

Jep21

So tested alk today after dosing twice a day.. So as it sits right now

Alk: 111

My goal is to get it to at least 7-8dkh but so far my sps are recovering well..

ColaAddict

Good job!
Make it a habit of testing once a week once you normalize it, expect to dose more as your sticks grow.

vucious

Good job!
Make it a habit of testing once a week once you normalize it, expect to dose more as your sticks grow.

My tank is still newish and I test alk almost 3 times a week until I know it's stable. I'm using kalkwasser in ATO so I'm still fine tuning it.

ColaAddict

Yes. Sometimes I check more than once a week with API. I check once a week with hanna (more expensive test)

Jep21

So i set up my jabeo doser and set it to dose 3 times a day 2ml each time.. Also i found another culprit to why my sps were dying.. The fuse in my chiller went out and i didnt notice.. I checked today and my temp was 85.5.. So i went online to check the fuse type and lucky home depot carried them and my chiller is now working fine.. Keeping the tank at a stable 81..

Jep21

Just checked the tank now.. Polyps on all my sps are all out. :) tank is happy again :)