Started an EcoPico 8 gallon

bennyblanco

HI all! I started an EcoPico 8 gallon that is currently cycling. Any suggestions on what to stock it with? I have a variety of fresh water plants in there now.
Are there any little puffers that would thrive in there?
Thank you!
Brett

Jep21

HI all! I started an EcoPico 8 gallon that is currently cycling. Any suggestions on what to stock it with? I have a variety of fresh water plants in there now.
Are there any little puffers that would thrive in there?
Thank you!
Brett
U can go with a pair of dwarf puffers if u want.. They stay very small and would be perfect in that tank

tinman

golden rams dude :) or electric blue rams and some galaxy rasboras :)

that would be awesome :)

we want pictures .. and what kinda plants do you have there ?

bennyblanco

Sorry, should have clarified...started a freshwater tank. I have a few different types of plants but their names escape me. I have a small granular natural for the substrate. Plants have been in for about 2weeks. Need some suggesting. And where to go for lfs.

FishBeard

Glofish. /thread LOL

I always love a nice school of rasbora, they stay pretty tiny and would have plenty of room in an 8g planted tank.

tinman

Sorry, should have clarified...started a freshwater tank. I have a few different types of plants but their names escape me. I have a small granular natural for the substrate. Plants have been in for about 2weeks. Need some suggesting. And where to go for lfs.
New fish have some nive interesting fw fish

i got a gold ram from them and its doing goood :)

and got galaxy rasboras also from them :) ill post some pics tonite so you can get an idea

bennyblanco

Hi Everyone! I was thinking about trying to add a little more light to my little freshwater planted tank. I have the Ecopico 5 gallon. http://www.ecoxotic.com/eco-pico.html I see that they offer additional strips and a 3 way splitter but it's kind of pricey to add 2 more little strips. Any suggestions on how to add more light, have it be inexpensive, and look good?

Thanks!
Brett

tinman

wait a min, i thought you said 8 gallon :)

by the way brett , if you want i have some laterite substrate that you can use for your plants

lemme know if you want it ..
Hi Everyone! I was thinking about trying to add a little more light to my little freshwater planted tank. I have the Ecopico 5 gallon. http://www.ecoxotic.com/eco-pico.html I see that they offer additional strips and a 3 way splitter but it's kind of pricey to add 2 more little strips. Any suggestions on how to add more light, have it be inexpensive, and look good?

Thanks!
Brett

bennyblanco

wait a min, i thought you said 8 gallon :)

by the way brett , if you want i have some laterite substrate that you can use for your plants

lemme know if you want it ..
I thought it was an 8gallon but I guess it's a 5 gallon! I've never really messed around with laterite. What exactly is it?
Brett

tinman

I thought it was an 8gallon but I guess it's a 5 gallon! I've never really messed around with laterite. What exactly is it?
Brett
its a type of substrate that allows plants to get nutrients and helps root propagation..

normally this laterite is laid down first and then the desired substrate is layered on it ..