Started an EcoPico 8 gallon

jayjigga

Dwarf hair grass .. a lotus plant but have to trim the leaves once they reach the top ..
There's no way I'd recommend DHG for that setup. It's not cheap and you'll most likely lose it because of the light and co2 requirements. I can frag some lotus for you to try if you like; it's of the reddish variety. I can send it with Dre.

tinman

There's no way I'd recommend DHG for that setup. It's not cheap and you'll most likely lose it because of the light and co2 requirements. I can frag some lotus for you to try if you like; it's of the reddish variety. I can send it with Dre.
Ummm we can frag lotus ??

im trying to find one ... can you send me one Jay :D i have a 13 watt 6700k light and diy co2 and fertilizer substrate .. should work

tinman

Well i was recommending dhg for fishbeard setup with 25 watt bulb over a 2.5 gallon tank

jayjigga

Well i was recommending dhg for fishbeard setup with 25 watt bulb over a 2.5 gallon tank
I know, and I was recommending against it. DHG is a med-high light with co2 or excel unless you dry start, which isn't what he's looking to do more or less. I think he'd rather keep the setup the way it is and just get a plant that suits his setup.

With a stagnant betta tank, would there be any benefit to adding a moss ball?
If you don't mind turning the marimo every now and again, it doesn't hurt. Adds to the oxygen and I think they're cool :)

FishBeard

Yep, I just want 1 or 2 more smaller plants to add with the hornwort for variety, that will do well with low intermittent lighting.