Sump nems, who’s done it?

jrpark22000

Premium member
Time to start researching BTA care... more to come after I have a handle on them.

In the mean time, back to sump nems. Anyone else kept them? Had them walk into return pump or have other problems?

SkullV

BTA care is simple, provide light and flow, they will walk to where they want to live, then you're done lol.

Although I've never done sump nems, I am currently contemplating the idea of doing sump xenia. I've seen some posts about it and it looks really cool and is supposed to do a pretty decent job of filtration. If I go through with it I'll be sure to post updates.

DD

"Rambo"
That's Ultra Aiptasia, no? What lighting are you using to get them to form the white tips? :rofl1:
Whoa, they're Jason Fox Ultra's, how they heck did you know!!! :lol:

Oh and they're currently being kept under a 50W incandescent reptile bulb :D

jrpark22000

Premium member
Whoa, they're Jason Fox Ultra's, how they heck did you know!!! :lol:

Oh and they're currently being kept under a 50W incandescent reptile bulb :D
I've only ever had one and it didn't like the 1.2W blue laser very well. I'll have to try them again, it was a lot of fun zapping the thing to oblivion!

LauraO

I have had a big (really big) light green Carpet in my sump for the past 6-8 weeks. I feed him a couple times a week, when I feed my Rainbow bta in my display tank. He seems happy but I am looking to sell him (or trade him) came with a tank I bought and I have no business owning him. I do put the light on him everyday (home depot)