Taking the plunge: first marine tank 5.5 Gallon w/fuge

SkullV

Glad you got back on track. I have plenty of all the stuff you got from me so whenever you're ready we can restock you.

lunacris

brownish redish color and size obviously vary . not to be rude but google it and see of it matches up best way to tell since you can look closely and compare clearly

mikenh77

definately not a xenia. it's clearly Aiptasia. Kill it! Do not try to cut it because any remaining flesh will regenerate and the severed flesh will float and anchor somewhere else. Hope it's the only one you have.

pensiveone

brownish redish color and size obviously vary . not to be rude but google it and see of it matches up best way to tell since you can look closely and compare clearly
Did that and concluded it probably was aiptasia. Took the entire rock out it was on and dropped it into boiling water. Hopefully there are no more but I will be checking regularly. Nice thing about a nano tank is that anything different tends to stand out.

Siebo

Premium member
Did that and concluded it probably was aiptasia. Took the entire rock out it was on and dropped it into boiling water. Hopefully there are no more but I will be checking regularly. Nice thing about a nano tank is that anything different tends to stand out.
Don't boil the rock in the future. You will kill all of the good bacteria too, plus it is dangerous to you. Just pull the rock out and put a dab of kalk paste or drip vinegar on the Aiptasia.

SkullV

Don't boil the rock in the future. You will kill all of the good bacteria too, plus it is dangerous to you. Just pull the rock out and put a dab of kalk paste or drip vinegar on the Aiptasia.
Especially with palys but I don't believe this rock had any. [MENTION=175]poidog[/MENTION] got palytoxin poisoning from boiling paly rocks back in the day.

pensiveone

It was just a small piece of rubble my Xenia had been attached to. Nothing else on it except algae. Tossed it into the gravel bed in my yard afterwords.