Thoughts on maxspect gyre 150

currently i have a single hyrda 52 and 2 ai prime's but i have 2 hydra 52 hd's coming in the mail and a new frag tank that i'll be putting the prime(s) above very shortly...in fact, i think most of my plumbing for the frag tank is arriving this week :)

tinman

currently i have a single hyrda 52 and 2 ai prime's but i have 2 hydra 52 hd's coming in the mail and a new frag tank that i'll be putting the prime(s) above very shortly...in fact, i think most of my plumbing for the frag tank is arriving this week :)
ill text you ..

sorry for side tracking the topic Jeppy ..
back to the topic now .

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I've had the gyre 150 for about three months. I can't say I like it a whole lot. In my six foot tank, the flow definitely does not make it back to the other side. It's fine, but I feel like my Jebao RW push just as much water and cost 1/3. I like the pulse modes better in the jeboas too. I'd buy another gyre, but not at $300. Also, it does feel cheap. The cages don't rotate easily and you have to be extremely careful when putting it back together if you take it apart. It's pretty fussy.

Jep21

The one thing to consider is your rock scaping. I wanted to get a 130 in my 65 but since I have the "old" rock pile look, there's no way for the flow to get back to the pump and it would just blast the sand on the opposite end. (I thought that it would happen and it was confirmed by a friend who had the same setup with the same outcome. He ended up putting it in his frag tank.)

Maybe someone will prove me wrong but I'm thinking you need that open rock scaping.

Kind of bummed but I ended up sticking with my MP10's, WP25's and WP10's.
The only thing good with my set up is that I have islands for my rock scape..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikenh77

I have a gyre xf150 on my 6 foot 125 gallon. I run it at 60% max or it looks like the polyps will rip the polyps off my sps coral lol. I had one in my 55 gallon 4 foot long and could only run it on 20 to 30% max. In hindsight the xf130 would have been better for the smaller tank... also I have many people I work with have the gyres break multiple times. The blades in the fans are really easy to break and jam up the device... nice thing though is maxspect got wise and made reinforced propellers that you can upgrade your xf130 with... not yet for the 150

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk